Guest Services Supervisor
Company: Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort
Posted on: November 23, 2022
This is the job description for GUEST SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Job Title: Guest Services Supervisor
Department: Front Office/Guest Services
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Front Office Manager/ AGM/ Guest Services Manager
Supervises: Guest Services Representatives
Job Purpose: To perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient
manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited, to
check-in and check-out of guests which contributes to an overall
1. Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests. Issue room key and
escort instructions to Bell person or directly to
guest as appropriate, without announcing room numbers.
2. Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of
guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and
3. Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts. May
make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests.
4. Compute bill, collects payment and makes change for guests. May
post charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone by hand or
5. Date-stamp, sort and rack incoming mail and messages. Transmit
and receive messages using equipment such as telephone, fax and
6. Understand and enforce the hotel company credit policies.
Account for all cash and makes deposits in accordance with hotel
and company policies.
7. Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm
8. Take responsibility for assigned employees in the absence of the
Department Manager, assign work, and ensure proper performance of
9. May make restaurant, transportation or entertainment
reservations for guests; may deposit guests' valuables in hotel
safe or safe-deposit box; may order complimentary flowers or
champagne for special guests.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Speak clearly and listen carefully.
2. Use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give
information to people.
3. Communicate well with many different kinds of people.
4. Change easily and frequently from one activity to another such
as from typing to interviewing, to searching in a directory, to
using a telephone.
5. Use eyes, hands, and fingers accurately while operating a
switchboard or computer keyboard.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 1 year guest services, general office, accounts
receivable or customer service experience;
OR an equivalent combination.
Management Activities: Check all that apply
X Direct the work of associates
X Handle associate complaints
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision.
Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently
lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and
gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and
fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions
and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Reach hands and arms in any direction
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort, Scottsdale , Guest Services Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!