090 - AJ's Fine Foods Baker - Lone Mtn & Scottsdale
Posted on: May 16, 2023
With a focus on providing customers with quality baked goods,
Bashas' bakers are true "scratch bakers", producing baked goods and
other related products in an efficient manner with a strong focus
on product quality and freshness.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers
and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering
product information, providing selling suggestions and active
sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Mixing, weighing, proofing, baking, frying, decorating,
finishing and merchandising quality bakery products using Bashas'
- Loading and unloading the oven, knowing the proper temperatures
and duration to bake all varieties of product,
- Scaling cakes and cupcakes, ice sweet rolls, breads and
- Assisting in the ordering and receiving of bakery products and
- Controlling product inventory and out of stocks, shrink and
- Using scale printer machine, ensuring weights and pricing are
- Understanding the importance and the monitoring of product
pricing, signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf
tags and shelf signage.
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly bench, production area,
storage area, and walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Helping in the wrapping, boxing, weighing, slicing, finishing,
and stocking bakery department products, rotating them as necessary
to ensure quality and safety.
- Displaying goods following bakery department and/or
- Helping decorators with personalization of cakes and icing of
cakes, donuts, sweet rolls and etc.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be
at least 18-years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time. This description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee
that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful
and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction,
to accomplish assigned duties.
- Consistently produce quality bakery items including, cakes,
donuts, breads, pastries and pies.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic
business math calculations.
- Use all necessary bakery equipment including: ovens, proofers,
fryers, sheeters, rounders, scales and mixers.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to
use necessary bakery equipment.
- Learn to use register, scales, scanners and debit/credit
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, and posted
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language,
facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of
customers and fellow members.
- Follow all bakery department food safety and sanitation
policies and procedures.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently
lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Break down pallets of merchandise, lifting and maneuvering at
least 50 lbs.
- Work late night and early morning shifts.
- Work in walk-in coolers and freezers and constantly around hot
ovens and fryers.
- Work with bakery ingredients including various flours, spices,
nuts, flavorings and oils.
Keywords: Bashas', Scottsdale , 090 - AJ's Fine Foods Baker - Lone Mtn & Scottsdale, Hospitality & Tourism , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...