Company: Invitation Homes
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Job Summary:Job Summary
Invitation Homes is seeking a Software Engineer I to join a small,
energetic and collaborative team to help implement and expand upon
our current product offerings to our residents, as well as our
operations, marketing and leasing teams.
The ideal candidate has entry-level knowledge to develop, maintain
and troubleshoot cloud-based web and mobile applications using the
latest technologies and tools. This role will be constantly
learning from other team members through pair programming,
collaboration and effective communication.
If you are motivated, passionate, a quick learner and have
effective commination skills, this role is waiting for you!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deploy backend services with focus on high
availability, low latency and scalability.
- Assist with designing, developing, documenting, testing, and
debugging new and existing software systems and/or
- Identify and resolve defects of basic scope using proper
engineering tools and techniques such as debuggers, emulators,
simulators, and logic analyzers.
- Exhibit basic technical problem solving and debugging
- Learn and apply best practices, design standards and procedures
to implement features of basic and intermediate
- Driven to learn how to use and apply engineering tools and
techniques as needed.
- Work collaboratively and professionally in a team environment
to achieve objectives.
- Write, test, commit, review, deploy and document code.
- Provide support and maintain existing products and add new
features as requested by customers.
- Anticipate and adapt to a changing business environment and
- Collaborate and communicate with Stakeholders, Product Owners,
Quality Assurance and other teams in an agile work environment,
including but not limited to design meetings, planning, stand ups,
- Participate regularly in Agile/Scrum activities and learn from
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical and Mental Demands
This position will spend long hours sitting and using office
equipment and computers. The position may also entail light lifting
of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 20
pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking.
This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute,
compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and
communicate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job
Standard office working environment that may be busy and noisy at
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
- Working knowledge of NodeJS and asynchronous
- Working knowledge in Linux/Unix systems, particularly on
or other programming languages.
- Familiarity with structured query language (SQL) and relational
database concepts. Understanding of PostgreSQL a plus.
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Basic knowledge of Agile practices and principles.
- Working knowledge of contemporary web API design (REST,
hypermedia, profiles, relations).
- Ability to write unit tests.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge, education, experience and/or
training necessary to develop basic software in NodeJS, React or
other programming languages.
- Demonstrate strong and effective verbal, written, and
interpersonal communication skills.
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent
- Overtime may be required for this position.
Keywords: Invitation Homes, Scottsdale , Engineer, Software, IT / Software / Systems , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!