Senior Software Quality Analyst
Company: Discount Tire
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Job DescriptionHere at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of
our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business
has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in
our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year
and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in
our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our
retail and corporate operations.
Under minimal supervision the Senior Software Quality Analyst is
responsible for authoring test strategies, plans, scripts for newly
developed features and executing the same for Omni channel
applications while working in an agile set up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, document and maintain test strategies, test approaches,
test scenarios and test scripts in collaboration with
- Map business and technical requirements into test scenarios and
- Execute both manual and automated tests, troubleshooting any
failures on automated tests.
- Identify complex interdependencies affecting testing outcomes
and collaborates with other teams to ensure full testing
- Identify, analyze and document complex defects, questionable
functions, errors and inconsistencies in software programs
functions, including, but not limited to, outputs, online screens,
content and security
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering
questions related to QA processes
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing
exceptional customer service.
- Mentor, coach and train Software Quality Analyst I & II
- Assume QA oversight of projects in the areas of design control,
risk management, design verification and validation.
- Participate in interviews and provides constructive feedback in
a way that influences positive outcomes with team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of five years of software
testing experience, including an understanding of the Software
Development Lifecycle (SDLC), databases, such as DB2 and SQL, file
structures, and system design is necessary.
- Intermediate knowledge of defect and test management tools is
- Knowledge of source code management tools, such as SVN, GIT,
Bitbucket is preferred.
- Understanding of Functional, Non-Functional, System Integration
and Regression testing principles is required. Experience with web
based, cloud hosted enterprise software products is preferred.
- Proven experience executing and troubleshooting automated tests
using industry testing tools, such as Selenuium or UFT.
Intermediate experience with scripting languages such as Groovy,
- Ability to follow Company testing standards is required
- Ability to review complex functional and technical
specifications, analyze risks and identify interdependencies is
- Proven experience writing complex SQL queries is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the
organization is necessary as well as the ability to clearly
articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both
verbally and in writing is required.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in
Microsoft Word and Excel, is necessary.
- The ability to work successfully within a team as a trusted
expert for assigned duties is necessary.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to
develop and evaluate options before implementing solutions is
- Proven ability to multi-task and motivate self and other while
managing multiple projects and meeting various deadlines
simultaneously is required.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and
respond to different customer situations while maintaining a
positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a
can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and
upholding Company values are key attributes
- Proven ability to lead effectively and influence others in a
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Foundation level certification required (Advanced Certification
preferred) in a QA industry recognized program such as ISTQB or
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays
and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime
(more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.
Not ready to
Keywords: Discount Tire, Scottsdale , Senior Software Quality Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!