Lead Software Engineer
Company: TC Industries Of Canada Company
Posted on: April 8, 2021
The Lead Software Engineer is the technical leader responsible
for the solution architecture, engineering direction, and
engineering capability for multiple teams. This position is also
part of the Technology Architecture team, collaborating and working
closely with a peer group to set and maintain a high bar with
respect to standards and best practices in the respective
capability area. This role ensures dramatic improvement in
engineering solution quality, better management of tech debt, and
productive collaboration with peers and teams in the company to
create and ratify required strategies, driving high-velocity
engineering and shipping quality solutions. Note: Must be located
in Arizona-- Responsibilities--
- Responsible for Software Engineering direction for multiple
- Create and execute, in partnership with Architecture & Product
Management, the Application Architecture Strategy, and Roadmap for
their responsible area.
- Partner with architecture to drive a platform transformation
strategy, including refactoring the platforms and moving towards
MSA & EDA.
- Participate in all aspects of Engineering, including but not
limited to product requirements, solution architecture to shipping
quality code, etc.
- Work with the peer group to establish the relevant standards
for solution design, code, quality, and dev tools.
- Collaborate with teams to support inflight strategies and other
roadmaps as required, such as Security, Cloud, Data, etc.
- Partner within the team to drive higher engineering maturity
with delivery and quality.--
- Ensure key metrics are met that highlight architecture
progression and quality of shipped products.
- Partner with Production Engineering & Operations to ensure
platform availability and performance, as related to the
- Partner with DevOps to articulate CI/CD requirements and own
the team deployment process.
- Drive increased velocity of quality feature delivery through
simplification and automation.
- Assist with the transition to the new cloud environment via
necessary architecture and platform changes.
- Significantly improve stability by showing year over year
reduction in P1/P2 incidents in Edgenuity's platform
- Other duties as required. Requirements
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field,
Technology Certifications (Microsoft and/or AWS), and--
- 10+ years of technical experience in all aspects of engineering
from architecture, engineering, quality, CI/CD, and delivery
management; or an acceptable combination of education and
- Demonstrated experience in building enterprise-grade and HA
platforms using diverse technology and patterns.
- Strong architecture and design experience with web-based
platforms using modern architecture frameworks and Object-Oriented
- Strong grasp of data management and different database
technologies, including SQL, NoSQL, GraphDB etc.
- Previous experience in tools, development, and delivery at the
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture and experience with
building and executing strategies.
- Experience with enterprise search frameworks.
- Experience designing and creating Restful Services.
- Experience in designing and building solutions using
Microservices Architecture & Event Driven Architecture
- Strong understanding and experience with Amazon Web Services or
other cloud providers.
- Must have led platform and architecture transformation
- Ability to create and execute enterprise strategies from
concept to delivery.
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of security and
- Understand and able to navigate the complexities of compliance
and security audit process at an enterprise level.
- Full understanding of agile development practices and managing
a full software development lifecycle.
- Proven track record in creating, leading, and managing high
performing engineering teams across multiple locations, including
the ability to identify, hire, grow and retain strong
- A passion for learning and teaching others.
- Experience with people leadership and mentoring/coaching team
members, to reach their highest potential.
- Must have strong communication skills, presentation skills,
ownership acumen, and be able to deconstruct complex problems and
projects into execution detail.
- Strong organization skills and structured in execution.
- Depends on Experience-- Building upon more than ten thousand
successful placements and decades of unparalleled success in the
financial services and legal sectors, MOGEL represents the next
generation of Strategic Professional Recruiting and Advisory
Services. We've engineered a more efficient model. It's powered by
the latest technology and tools, but grounded in Best Practices and
core values that are nothing less than Old School in the right ways
for the right reasons.-- From Retained or Contingency Search, needs
driven by Mergers and Acquisitions, a full range of Interim and
Temporary solutions, and customized Candidate Representation and
guidance, at MOGEL we're committed to doing it right and doing it
better. At our core are relationships characterized by doing
whatever it takes to ensure success and satisfaction. MOGEL is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. MOGEL does not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability,
national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by
appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of
qualifications, merit, and business need.
Keywords: TC Industries Of Canada Company, Scottsdale , Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!