Java Software Engineer - Mid Level
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Java Software Engineer -
Mid Level for our Phoenix, AZ, Plano, TX Or San Antonio, TX
facility.USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we
have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of
both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working
from home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days'
onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee's
manager. The person selected for this role will have the
opportunity to be a part of the P&C technology Enablement
Team.Provides support to the Enterprise through delivering best in
class technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software
systems and application development lifecycle which include
gathering and analyzing requirements, designing, testing,
documenting, and implementing software, responding to outages.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About USAA ITOur
most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we
don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million
members who rely on us every day.We're proud of USAA's strong
history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's
why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking
technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And
why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team.
With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to
continue learning and growing.Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system
technical problems and production issues through troubleshooting
- Continually improves operations by conducting complex systems
analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Prepares and installs complex solutions by determining and
designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Mentors' junior engineers and may being mentoring peer
engineers; Review teammates' codeMinimum requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree OR Approved
certification from CodeUp, Galvenize, VetFIT (Veterans for IT) or
eFIT (Employees for IT)
- 4 years of software engineering/development experience
utilizing Java with at least 1 years' experience working with REST
- 2 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Basic Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
- Developing level of business acumen in the areas of business
operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging
- Experience supporting efforts to address production issues
through troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutionsWhen
you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some
initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you
begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later
time and you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- 2+ years in REST frameworks with focus on API development.
- Experience building APIs with Spring Boot.
- Guidewire GOSU skills will be a plus.
- Experience in React, Node.js
- Experience with event driven frameworks such as Kafka,
RabbitMQ, IBM MQ.
- Ability to implement container-based APIs using a container
frameworks OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes.
- Familiar with Gradle, GIT, GitHub, GitLab, etc. around
continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructureThe
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation: USAA has an
effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges
to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary
range based on your experience and market position. The salary
range for this skill is: $88,200.00- $ 158,900.00Employees may be
eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors. Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details.USAA Total RewardsRelocation assistance is Available
for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Scottsdale , Java Software Engineer - Mid Level, IT / Software / Systems , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!