Software Engineering Manager (Hybrid)
Company: Vaco Technology
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Are you ready to lead a new team? Have you managed developers in
an innovative organization? Is it time for that change you've been
asking yourself about for the past few months? Vaco has been
selected for a strategic hire with a Scottsdale client amidst a
world-class transformation.As a leader of the software development
team, you are responsible for a team of up to 10 individual
contributors. In this role you will be responsible for developing,
coaching, and building a team of developers while guiding the
development of new products and enhancing existing digital
products. You will also be responsible for understanding,
assessing, and presenting risk reporting to senior management,
collaborating with architecture and product teams, and managing
resources. You will be relied upon to make data-driven decisions
and devise a clear and concise strategy. You should feel
comfortable working independently on complex problems and driving
teams to execute on your developed strategy. Job Duties
- Leads teams in designing, developing, and modifying complex
software features & functions, including prototypes.
- Partners with the Agile Scrum Master and Software Product
Managers to understand vision and direction for products and guide
the engineering teams to realize these visions.
- Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs
and include into project objectives.
- Presents feedback from various internal teams to developers to
help guide project and product development.
- Evaluates employee performance, sets expectations and goals for
department and individual staff members, recruits, and trains
- Provides strong career advice and direction for developers
enabling growth through career advancement.
- Manages team capacity and utilization to meet product
development requirements and timing. Reports on capacity and
utilization to senior management.
- Provides feedback and suggestions to the Development Operations
(DevOps)/Edge Engineering teams to continuously improve CI/CD
- Commit to working together as one team, exceed service
expectations by developing positive relationships and treat others
with value and respect always!
- Exhibit an honest and committed effort to delivering as
promised, never compromising quality.
- Achieve individual and team goals. Meet deadlines with the
resources provided and never compromise ethical standards.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional development.
Attend all company required training and actively participate in
development conversations with managers.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (or equivalent professional
- 3+ years of experience managing developers.
- 5 years of experience in enterprise development.
- 5 years of experience with server-side languages such as C#,
- 4 years of Relational and/or NoSQL database experience or
combination of 2 years of experience with Node.js, 2 years in a
modern front-end framework such as Angular or React (or
- Excellent knowledge of Architectural Patterns, SOLID, and
Object-Oriented Design Principles.
- Excellent knowledge of distributed systems architecture
- Understanding of software Quality Assurance principles.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile development methodologies such as
Scrum, SAFe or Kanban.
Keywords: Vaco Technology, Scottsdale , Software Engineering Manager (Hybrid), IT / Software / Systems , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!