Field Service Representative
Company: S&C Electric Company
Posted on: January 24, 2023
S&C's Power Systems Services (PSS) provides customers with a
wide range of electric power industry engineering and construction
services. The group also coordinates large orders involving
multiple product groups and/or third parties and provides field
services for customers. The Field Service Center - Western Region
performs various maintenance and repair of substation and utility
electrical equipment. Verbal and written communication skills are
required as part of the documentation process associated with the
physical work effort. Field service is performed domestically and
internationally at times convenient to the customer for scheduled
outages and is coordinated with other work efforts occurring on
site. This position reports to the Manager-Field Service Center
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited
to, the following:
- Trouble-shooting, performing emergency repairs and preventative
- Modifying and upgrading products.
- Providing startup assistance/installation supervision.
- Training on all S&C products of both current and past
- Using various hand tools (personal property) and specialty
tools (supplied by S&C) on equipment such as Circuit-Switchers
and Metal-Enclosed Gear that is in a de-energized and grounded
- Performing work in accordance with OSHA and industry safety
practices such as "Lock Out Tag Out" and including utilization of
extensive personal protective equipment.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you
must have the following:
- Associates degree preferred, or equivalent technical
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age with a valid driver's
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and possess excellent
- Able to interpret electrical drawings and possess computer
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time.
Typical travel will be on weekdays and within the assigned region,
however there may be a business need for travel outside the region
as well as on weekends and holidays.
- Electrical substation maintenance and construction experience
- Knowledge of, and experience with, utility electrical
protection equipment preferred.
Relevant Work Experience: 2+ years of previous experience in
mechanical assembly, electrical wiring, or maintenance of
electrical utility equipment, facilities or products.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Standing: Tasks frequently performed in a standing position.
Lifting: Frequent lifting required when working with equipment in
the field (up to 50lbs).
Walking: Frequent walking of moderate distances (1 mile) within the
S&C campus and customer sites.
Carrying: Frequent carrying of parts, tools, and products.
Pushing: Frequent use of hand tools that require pushing
Pulling: Frequent bending or crouching to perform work.
Bending: Frequent full range of motion to perform work.
Reaching: Continuous full range of motion to perform work.
Handling: Frequent handling of parts, tools, test equipment,
Environment: Work performed in a variety of environments including
manufacturing, substations, and other indoor/outdoor
Keywords: S&C Electric Company, Scottsdale , Field Service Representative, IT / Software / Systems , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!