Senior Claims Litigation Specialist
Posted on: November 20, 2023
As an elite Excess and Surplus Lines market, Nautilus Insurance
Group offers commercial property and casualty insurance solutions
to appointed wholesale surplus lines producers countrywide. We have
specialized in providing these solutions for more than 35
We have more flexible policy terms and premium rates on a
non-admitted basis. Our focus is small to medium Property and
Casualty risks on both an admitted and a non-admitted basis.
Our offerings are distributed through partnerships with appointed
wholesale surplus lines producers. Our relationships are defined by
mutual success, speed to market, customer-centric focus and an
Coverage placed by Nautilus Insurance Group is provided by Nautilus
Insurance Company and Great Divide Insurance Company, both W. R.
Berkley Corporation members with A.M. Best (Superior) A+ XV
Benefit Highlights: -
- Paid Parental Leave! At Nautilus, we offer Childbirth Recovery
Leave as well as Primary Caregiver Leave, for up to a maximum of 12
weeks of paid leave.
- Nautilus offers Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage options,
along with Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings
Accounts (HSA) choices
- We help our employees feel secure by providing a 401(k)
program, profit sharing, stock purchase plan, life insurance, and
travel accident insurance options. -
- One of our core values is "Committed to Serve" and these aren't
idle words. We provide every employee one paid day off per year to
volunteer at a local charity. That's serving with a smile!
- We take risk management excellence and your professional growth
seriously by offering Tuition Assistance and Industry-Related
Education and Exam programs.
- Can you hear us now? - Employees are eligible for special cell
phone service discounts with Verizon and AT&T. We've got a plum
position for you! We participate in the Plum Benefits program
offering employees cost-free access to thousands of exclusive
travel and entertainment discounts.
- Flexible work arrangements, including working from home 2 days
The Senior Litigation Specialist's job function includes
efficiently and effectively handling advanced-level, primarily
litigated, commercial first-party property and/or third-party
general liability losses in a "paperless" environment. An ability
to communicate both verbally and in written form in a prompt,
courteous and professional manner is essential.
- Reviews and sets up new loss assignments in a timely manner in
compliance with Department guidelines and best practices.
- Establishes appropriate initial loss and expense reserves and
continue to regularly evaluate the file for adequacy, accuracy and
adherence to reserving guidelines.
- Analyzes and interpret policy language in conjunction with
specific loss facts to reach appropriate coverage
- Drafts frequent and complex coverage correspondence, including
reservation of rights and coverage disclaimers in compliance with
various state statutes and regulations.
- Composes a variety of other detailed correspondence to
insureds, claimants, attorneys, agents and Regulatory
- Proactively manages primarily litigated claim files from
inception to closure, including identification and investigation of
coverage, liability and damage issues, determination and efficient
execution of an appropriate plan of action, and prompt, economical
file resolution, in compliance with Department guidelines and best
- Appropriately and clearly documents all claim file activity,
including current strategy, plan of action and exit plan in file
- Consistently demonstrates comprehensive coverage analysis,
investigation, evaluation and negotiation skills at an advanced
- Directs and control the activities and costs of numerous
outside vendors including defense counsel and coverage counsel,
experts and independent adjusters.
- Effectively presents and discusses loss facts and issues in
roundtable discussions to peers and members of management at all
- Composes and transmits in a regular and timely basis frequent
Large Loss Reports and other detailed reporting documents as
- Manages and monitors file caseload through the use of various
- Obtains all required state adjuster licenses and maintain them
as required via compliance with mandatory continuing education
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as a technical resource within the Department through
mentoring and knowledge-sharing, whether one-on-one, in small
groups, or presentations to larger groups.
- Meets with intern personnel and others as needed to provide job
function overview and/or specific subject-matter training.
- Occasional participation in projects and initiatives lead by
other departments and/or W. R. Berkley companies, including audits,
workshops, focus groups, task forces, etc.
- Initiates appropriate communication with members of management
and other Departments.
- Attends internal and external seminars and other training
events and provides feedback to peers and/or members of
- Must have at least twenty (20) years of insurance
- Must have intermediate knowledge of computer programs in a
Windows environment, including Word, Excel and E-mail.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business
Additional Company Details The Company is an equal employment
opportunity employer. We do not accept any unsolicited resumes from
external recruiting agencies or firms. The company offers a
competitive compensation plan and robust benefits package for full
time regular employees. The actual salary for this position will be
determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity
and location of the role; the skills, education, training,
credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions
Keywords: Berkley, Scottsdale , Senior Claims Litigation Specialist, Legal , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!