Customer Data Steward II
Company: Discount Tire
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Job DescriptionHere at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of
our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. As America's
largest independent tire retailer, specializing in tires & wheels,
we have over 1,000 store locations and continue to grow every year.
Our consistent growth over the last 60 years, the loyalty of our
customers and passion of our people makes Discount Tire a great
place to work.
Discount Tire currently has an exciting opportunity for a Customer
Data Steward to join us at the start of our Customer 360 project.
Discount Tire is embarking on a Master Data Management initiative
to better manage its customer data and in parallel would like to
establish a data governance program to maximize and sustain this
We will be deploying a Customer master data hub, that will include
both inbound and outbound integrations. The goal of the project
will be to support a single 360 degree view of the customer in
order to deliver a seamless and consistent customer experience
across all sales channels and touch points. By taking on the role
of Customer Data Steward, you will be instrumental to the success
of this effort.
You'll have the opportunity to drive major impact on our business
by improving the quality of customer data in our systems. Your work
will play a significant role in ensuring our data quality is
excellent, and powers effective, actionable analyses and insights.
In this role, you'll have an opportunity to be part of building
something from the ground up at Discount Tire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies business needs, data usage requirements, and
validation metrics in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Supports Omni-Channel business objectives in the areas of CRM
and Digital Marketing.
- Development, maintenance and improvement of Data Governance
policies and processes.
- Rigorously maintain Customer Master data quality
- Maintenance of customer meta-data.
- Suggesting improvements to customer Match, Merge and
- Keeping abreast of data privacy related regulations and making
recommendations for compliance (CCPA, etc.).
- Assisting with compliance related requests for obfuscation of
data (CCPA, etc.)
- Determining validity of merging/unmerge requests from stores on
behalf of customers
- Enforce Data Governance rules as required in the regular course
- Proactively resolve Customer Master data issues when
- Identify and escalate potential concerns related to Customer
Master data and related business processes
- Work closely with other team members to create a unified effort
and deliver highest business value
- Participate in business initiatives as a subject matter expert
- Establishes and maintains efficient, accurate and duplicable
- Resolves data quality exceptions, which are identified through
data quality audits and reporting.
- Uses existing analytical tools, user research and testing to
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering
questions related to customer data processes, procedures and
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing
exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of three years data analysis,
data governance, data control or equivalent experience.
- Experience troubleshooting and auditing data is vital.
- Proven ability to audit, query, analyze and summarize large
data sets is necessary.
- Working knowledge of ERP and Business Intelligence systems
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills are
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization,
clearly articulating ideas both verbally and in writing, is
- Ability to stand firm on data quality principles while also
balancing the needs of the business
- Understand the broad business implications of Customer Master
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to move forward with
- Ability to determine stakeholder requirements to develop and
analyze reports is needed.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work successfully within
strict deadlines is essential. Demonstrated ability to work
independently, manage multiple projects, and meet various deadlines
simultaneously is required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, including skills with
Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is necessary. In addition,
troubleshooting and organizational skills with a can-do attitude
and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect, and
upholding Company values are key attributes.
This position requires bachelor's degree in information management,
statistics, finance or related field or equivalent experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays
and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime
(more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.
Not ready to
Keywords: Discount Tire, Scottsdale , Customer Data Steward II, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!