Sign In to access application status,
saved documents and Job Search Agents
Setting a New Standard for your Career!
StandardAero specializes in engine maintenance, repair, and
overhaul services for business and general aviation, air transport,
military aircraft and industrial generation. We employ the highest
quality professionals in locations worldwide and are dedicated to
enhancing the ownership and operating experience for everyone.
Reporting to the VP, Finance, the Director of Tax will be
StandardAero’s Corporate Tax leader responsible for overseeing and
directing global tax function including tax planning and strategy,
domestic and international M&A, tax controversy, transfer
pricing analysis and policies along with federal, state and foreign
tax compliance and reporting obligations.
• Lead and manage global quarterly and year-end income tax
provision calculations, return-to-provision reconciliation,
disclosures and financial statements audit procedures.
• Oversee the preparation, review and timely & accurate
submission of all global tax returns including US federal and state
corporate income tax returns as well as Canadian and international
• Manage, mentor, and coach team of direct reports.
• Build and foster relationships with finance personnel to
ensure all tax provisions and filings are calculated on complete
and accurate information.
• Develop and implement global tax strategies to minimize the
company’s cash taxes and effective tax rate.
• Partner with business sectors to advise on tax aspects of new
business initiatives and contracts.
• Drive global transfer pricing strategy and ensure compliance
with Canadian, U.S. and international requirements, including
documentation and intercompany agreements.
• Direct involvement with tax planning for M&A and corporate
• Provide ongoing operational and audit support and technical
interpretation for VAT, GST, Withholding Tax, Sales and Use
questions and applications.
• Monitor legislative changes in U.S., Canada, and key
international tax laws that may impact the company and provide
proactive guidance on the consequences of such changes.
• Research complex tax issues and analyze appropriately to a
• Manage relationships with external tax advisors.
• Work with treasury group in estimating cash taxes and
installments and accurate forecasting of effective tax rates.
• Manage income tax audits, prepare and review responses to
queries, and review assessments.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• 10 + years of tax experience with working knowledge of U.S.,
Canadian and International tax law
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
• Advanced credentials preferred (e.g. Masters in Taxation, MBA
• M&A due diligence and integration experience would be an
• Aviation industry experience a plus
• Ability to identify and define problems, gather and review
data, assess the alternatives, interpret the results, manage the
risk, and communicate findings
• Experience collaborating with external advisers on complex tax
• Ability to partner with senior business leaders and explain
technical concepts to colleagues without a technical tax
• Technical background and experience to conduct tax-related
research and provide advice across existing and future growth
• Demonstrated leadership and management experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender
status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and
basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local