Director of User Experience & Visual Design Director of User
Experience & Visual Design - Full Time Please provide a portfolio
of work, along with resume submission.
The Director of User Experience & Visual Design possesses an
intuitive feeling for the way a product should work and an
understanding of how users want to view and interact with the end
product. They are a champion for the user, deeply committed to
ensuring that the work that we produce is usable, intuitive and
intelligent. This consummate professional will participate in a
leadership capacity by providing clients user experience leadership
on major initiatives, leading user experience resources, developing
user experience assets, and collaborating with other leaders to
achieve the organization's goals. We are looking for a seasoned
professional who is exceptionally creative, collaborative,
client-facing, and resourceful. A leader possessing strong
presentation skills and an unyielding passion for designing
world-class web-based & mobile products for clients.
Position Responsibilities Client Delivery of UX Services
- Strategically lead and participate in the discovery process to
understand client needs, satisfaction drivers, performance
requirements and business cases from a UX expert perspective.
- Translate clients’ business goals into achievable digital user
experience strategies, roadmaps and proposals that provide clear,
usable, useful and desirable outcomes.
- Clear and confident communicator with an affinity for visual
storytelling, knows how to communicate with team, peers, and
- Ability to learn quickly and provide UX leadership in a
dynamic and matrixed environment.
- Assist with securing new client accounts and expanding
existing client portfolios by generating and presenting compelling
user experiences concepts, and visuals.
- Partner with enterprise architect, product owner, business
analyst, software engineers, and project management team leads to
ensure practices are aligned with the product needs and vision.
- Cultivate strong relationships with business stakeholders and
client services teams to assist in managing customer
- Accountable for continuous improvements to user experiences,
removing ‘user friction’ in a meaningful way.
- Lead and establish best practices in design thinking /
- Further develop and enhance I-ology’s knowledge base of user
experience processes, methodologies, and client deliverables.
Client Delivery - Execution
- Act as the product expert for all user experience product
- Create, and coach the development of UX assets such as create
user/process flow diagrams, sketches, wireframes, click-through
demos, and prototypes that are thorough, thought-through,
intuitive, easy to use, timely, and gorgeous.
- Ensure user experience testing methodologies are utilized to
improve user experience.
- Proactively participate in the dissemination of user
experience concepts & deliverables to software engineers, ensuring
quality outputs at all levels.
- Demonstrate skill combing through analytics and behavioral
insights to generate new experiments and opportunities to improve
our products and differentiate the user experience.
- Actively participate in scrum ceremonies to guide the team and
Organizational Leadership & Strategic Oversight
- Assist in ongoing strategic planning to ensure organizational
- Provide leadership insight & perspective in order to ensure
I-ology’s ability to effectively execute against organizational
- Identify areas of improvement for the business, make relevant
recommendations, and upon approval, oversee the execution of those
- Recruit, train, and oversee user experience resources.
- Continuously monitor user-experience industry, and business
trends to identify opportunities/threats and benchmarks competitive
products to identify sources of competitive advantage.
- Collaborate as a member of the leadership team to achieve the
organization's Key Success Metric (KSM) goals.
Minimum Qualifications - 10+ years of demonstrated user
experience & visual design experience. Bachelor's and Master's
Degree, a plus.
- 5-7+ years of professional experience in strategic planning,
and people management.
- Strong leadership skills in leading both major projects and
- Proven experience in a multi-client environment, a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Works well with ambiguity under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional skills in ideation, sketching, wireframing, user
flows, mapping and information architecture.
- Fluency with design tools such as OmniGraffle, Illustrator,
Photoshop, InDesign, Invision and/or other UX & prototyping
- Strong portfolio showing breadth of UX Design work.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within an
- Skills in GSuite application, or similar.
- Strong analytical skills with detail orientation.
Please provide a portfolio of work, along with resume
I-ology is a boutique digital transformation consulting and
delivery firm, focused on true Digital Transformation®. We
enhance business capabilities by identifying market opportunities
and delivering custom digital solutions that align with those