Company: Homeowners Financial Group
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Remote Work Opportunities Available
Work for an Award Winning Company Culture!
Are you an independent, self-starting, team player with a positive
attitude? Are you passionate about giving back to your community?
Do you want to work for a company that we like to think as the
happiest place in mortgage and has been voted a Best Place to Work
for the last 15 years? Join our family at Homeowners Financial
Group and you can take advantage of our great benefits.
- 9 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Cigna Healthcare Benefits including vision, medical, life and
- Employee tenure program
- President's Club for both Sales and Operations staff
Who We Are: Homeowners Financial Group has over 350 employees in 35
offices across the country and has helped tens of thousands of
homeowners realize home ownership. We are not your typical mortgage
company: we foster a family environment, we give back to the
community through dozens of charities and we love what we do!
Who We Want: We want a Mortgage Underwriter who will be responsible
for the timely and accurate evaluation and approval/denial of loan
applications in accordance with investor guidelines. A Mortgage
Underwriter identifies, analyzes, and evaluates loan risks and
compensating factors, while ensuring marketability based on
secondary market current guidelines or requirements. This position
must stay abreast of regulatory requirements, mortgage loan
guidelines for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, and all other
applicable state, federal, and HFG guidelines. The Mortgage
Underwriter will ensure underwriting services are delivered
professionally and efficiently, and that the company and client's
concerns/problems are resolved promptly.
- Responsible for assessing the risk of a loan and making an
approval or decline decision based on the quality of the data in
the loan file.
- Analyzes and verifies the employment profile, credit strength,
property characteristics and all other information pertinent to the
credit decision process on each loan application.
- Ensures an investment quality loan product and creditworthiness
of the borrowers and acceptability of the collateral.
- Identifies potential quality loans to be held in portfolio if
secondary market guidelines cannot be met.
- Reviews and ensures data integrity to confirm the accuracy of
automated underwriting findings.
- Applies all internal underwriting guidelines, investor
requirements and federal regulations to the decision process to
ensure loan quality.
- Responsible for pre-underwriting mortgages to approve for
processing, provides final underwriting recommendation for
conventional, secondary market and portfolio loans, and
- Verifies the accuracy of all calculations
- Recommends the loan disposition for loan amounts in excess of
authority limitations to Management.
- Interacts with Licensed Mortgage Professionals to obtain
information from the borrower or to seek clarification about
documents in the loan file.
- Communicates required conditions and stipulations, and provides
assistance to expedite the final approval of a file.
- Provides strong and clear communication to processors,
underwriters, mortgage professionals and borrowers regarding
documents needed for mortgage loan files to ensure quick turnaround
- Provides assistance to processors, giving general guideline
interpretations and answering questions on specific loan
- Responds to post closing reviews and audits in a timely
- Protects the confidentiality of borrower information.
- Maintains a working knowledge of secondary market underwriting
guidelines, private investor and private mortgage insurance
- Stays abreast of all state and federal requirements
- Ensures all underwriting functions are in accordance with
established policies, procedures, and legal requirements to ensure
the effective and efficient performance of the Underwriting
- Keeps management and appropriate staff apprised of regulatory
- Participates in HFG internal meetings and required
- Maintains a professional image and demonstrates an
understanding of and follows all HFG Policies and Procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years of mortgage underwriting experience
- Appraisal and appraisal review experience preferred
- FHA Direct Endorsement Underwriter Designation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provides strong customer service to internal and external
- Ability to develop positive relationships
- Exceptional organization and time management skills. Ability to
manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast paced
- Independent, self-starting, team player with a positive
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial
- Excellent documentation, organization, and analytical skills,
- Proficient PC skills to include Excel, Word, and Microsoft
- Knowledge of investor and GS guidelines including Fannie Mae
and Freddie Mac
- Experience with Desktop Underwriter (DU) / Encompass/ Optimal
Blue/ LP/ and other major origination/underwriting systems
- Working knowledge of mortgage origination process, FNMA, FHA,
VA, RD, and SAFE Act guidelines
- Must be able to demonstrate established competency levels for
all required regulatory or compliance-related processes and/or
procedures within established time frames of appointments
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. This job may require handling
objects up to 10 pounds frequently and 20 pounds occasionally.
While performing the duties described herein, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel
in addition to talking and hearing. The employee is frequently
required to stand and walk. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate. Office environment is normally
Homeowners Financial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and
Keywords: Homeowners Financial Group, Scottsdale , Underwriter, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!