Borrower Advocate Representative
Posted on: November 21, 2020
loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through
technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need
to fuel their lives. We take the responsibility of being the second
largest non-bank lender seriously. loanDepot's long term commitment
begins at origination continuing with long term support through our
in house servicing teams. Our loanDepot servicing division puts our
customers first, promotes teamwork & provides our employees with
the fuel needed to succeed in their careers. Come join us!loanDepot
- We are America's Lender.Position Summary:Responsible for handling
inbound and outbound calls in a customer-facing role. Acts as the
single point of contact (SPOC) for borrowers in default or facing
imminent default assisting with Loss Mitigation alternatives. This
position requires excellent customer service and phone skills.
Responsible for understanding all GSE, HUD/VA/USDA guidelines for
retention and disposition options in order to effectively
communicate with customers and help resolve/prevent portfolio
delinquency. Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and state
licensing are required for this role. Reviews and resolves in-depth
servicing issues, research, and escalations not limited to escrow,
payment discrepancies and loss mitigation. Ensures the performance
of all duties in accordance with the company's policies and
procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations,
wherein the company operates.Responsibilities:
- Acts as the SPOC and maintains relationship with borrower until
hardship and delinquency status is overcome from day 60+.
- Liaises between the customer and Loss Mitigation. Utilizes
strong phone and customer service skills along with general
understanding of Loss Mitigation in order to communicate with
- Manages a portfolio size of 150 loans + by meeting all investor
and company guidelines.
- Responsible for reviewing and collecting missing documents on
incomplete workout packages within strict timelines.
- Works directly with delinquent borrowers to resolve past due
delinquency; negotiates reasonable payment arrangements and/or
extended repayment plans; collects on past due loans.
- Discusses appropriate foreclosure alternative by providing
detailed requirements for package submissions and timeframe of the
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned. Requirements:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and
responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations
and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of government programs
including FNMA, FHLMC and FHA/VA/USDA.
- Demonstrates full understanding of all stages of delinquency
including collections, loss mitigation, bankruptcy, FCL, and
- Ability to communicate accurate information to customers
throughout all stages of delinquency.
- Strong collection efforts.
- Ability to multi-task with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be persuasive and persistent when necessary.
- Ability to responds to difficult customer situations.
- Sense of urgency and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced and growing
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited
to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages;
balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and
percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the
immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a
short-term and long-term basis.
- Previous single point of contact experience required.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry required.
- Experience working in MSP preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Loss Mitigation experience preferred.
- NMLS/individual state licensed preferred.
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or minimum of two (2) + years'
loan servicing experience required. The Perks:
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental &
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional
voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision
of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh. We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate
based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: loanDepot, Scottsdale , Borrower Advocate Representative, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!