Total Rewards Specialist - Temporary
Posted on: February 21, 2021
This is a temporary employment opportuity working directly with
Vitalant and is anticipated to last 6-8 months.
Under minimal supervision, this position coordinates and manages
assigned compensation or benefit programs including preparation,
implementation and day to day administration and compliance. This
position will also establish and provide subject matter expertise
and maintain compliance for assigned focus areas. Assigned programs
and focus areas may include leave of absence management, job
analysis and description management, health and welfare,
retirement, wellness or ancillary benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers. Assists in
managing iConnect Support and iCareers email boxes. Responds timely
to requests for customer assistance and transactional support.
- Performs job analysis, writes job descriptions, assigns job
codes and recommends salary grade assignments using market survey
data and point factor software.
- Assists in the research and development of the annual
compensation program (e.g., policy/procedure changes, salary
structure adjustments, and merit budget proposal). Utilizes
compensation planning database to assist with the process,
including download data from HRIS system, performs system set-up
and report generation.
- Assists in the implementation and administration of the annual
merit and compensation program.
- Assists with the development and provides overall coordination
and day to day administration of system-wide total reward programs
including but not limited to health care, retirement, time
off/leave of absence, ancillary and voluntary benefits,
- Assists with benefit vendor management and establishes
processes and procedures with the vendors to ensure solid,
efficient program management and compliance.
- Assists with the development and coordination of a system-wide
- Assists with researching and monitoring competitiveness of
current compensation and benefit programs and legislative
requirements. Recommends changes as appropriate. Participates on
BSI's behalf in compensation and benefit surveys.
- Develops compensation and benefits related communications and
- Develops and prepares communications and establishes processes
and systems for the annual benefit open enrollment program.
- Ensures employee information as it relates to benefits program
eligibility and enrollment is accurately recorded and provided to
the benefit providers in a timely manner. Audits reports and
records as necessary.
- Assists in supporting Oracle Advanced Benefits and other
- Performs end-user systems testing.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
- Bachelor's degree in related area or equivalent combination of
education and experience in compensation and/or benefits
- Familiarity with applicable state and federal wage and hour
regulations and benefits and employment related regulations (e.g.,
FLSA, FMLA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, etc.) required.
PHR, CEBS, CCP or equivalent (World At Work) certification
- Three years human resources experience required. To include:
- Two years of experience coordinating and administering benefit
and/or compensation programs.
- Experience working with Oracle HRMS preferred.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications and customer service
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and
management and provide consistently high levels of customer
- Excellent analytical, statistical, personal organization,
attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including intermediate level
spreadsheet application ability.
Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action
employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment
process because of a medical condition or disability, please send
an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-220-2612
to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will
respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please
note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability
accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our
commitment to compliance:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of
employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test
in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Keywords: Vitalant, Scottsdale , Total Rewards Specialist - Temporary, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!