Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Senior Underwriter in Scottsdale, Arizona - Careers at AZ,
Scottsdale - 7233 E Butherus Drive Skip Branding Senior Underwriter
in Scottsdale, Arizona - Careers at AZ, Scottsdale - 7233 E
Butherus Drive Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to
Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all
the personalized features of this site, including the ability to
apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in!
Senior Underwriter Location Name AZ, Scottsdale - 7233 E Butherus
Drive ID 2021-4871 Date Posted 4 days ago (3/29/2021 12:22 PM)
Company Nautilus Insurance Group Primary Location US-AZ-Scottsdale
Category Underwriting Company Details Nautilus Insurance Group is a
strong underwriting Company and respected leader in the E&S
industry. Our culture promotes creativity, integrity and respect,
allowing us to attract and retain quality employees. Nautilus is a
subsidiary of the W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 company
recognized as one of the most respected names in the property
casualty insurance industry. Nautilus writes Commercial Excess and
Surplus Lines business in all 50 states.
About W. R. Berkley CorporationW. R. Berkley Corporation, founded
in 1967, is one of the nation's premier commercial lines property
casualty insurance providers. Each of the operating units in the
Berkley group participates in a niche market requiring specialized
knowledge about a territory or product. Our competitive advantage
lies in our long-term strategy of decentralized operations,
allowing each of our units to identify and respond quickly and
effectively. Responsibilities Nautilus Insurance Group is a strong
underwriting Company and respected leader in the E&S industry.
Our culture promotes creativity, integrity and respect, allowing us
to attract and retain quality employees. Nautilus is a subsidiary
of the W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 company recognized
as one of the most respected names in the property casualty
insurance industry. Nautilus writes Commercial Excess and Surplus
Lines business in all 50 states. Wholesale General Agents are used
exclusively to distribute our products. Many of our agent
relationships date back to our inception in 1985, illustrating our
practice of choosing long-term partners who share our values and
underwriting discipline. If you have a passion for providing
excellent customer service while working for a financially solid
and respected company, we look forward to considering your
application. Please visit our public site for more information
about Nautilus Insurance Group. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for determining risk acceptability, pricing,
coverage, terms and conditions with defined limits/authority and
- Develops positive agency relationships within assigned
territory while maintaining a good rapport through responsive
levels of service.
- Establish types and limits of coverage to be provided.
- Create analyze and interpret data.
- Ensures production and loss ratio goals are achieved within
assigned territory by reviewing, analyzing and evaluating
information and taking appropriate action as necessary.
- Develops, grows and maintains a profitable, diversified book of
business through effective underwriting decision making to align
with Company goals.
- Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in
compliance with Company underwriting guidelines, addressing
discrepancies as needed.
- Ability to identify and problem solve for agents including
finding solutions and ensuring success to the end.
- Proficient at communicating (written/verbal) information to
both internal and external customers ensuring our standards of
- Be responsible for monitoring production, profitability, and
maintaining agency relationships.
- Collaborate with underwriting team and other departments,
contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to
underwriting philosophy and company goals
- Maintain familiarity with state laws and filing requirements to
properly transact business.
- Identify and recommend changes to policy verbiage when standard
text is not appropriate.--
- Monitor amount of insurance in force on a single risk or group
of closely related risks; evaluate possibility of catastrophe
losses and take action, as appropriate.
- Ability to work well with others to achieve shared goals while
demonstrating diplomacy and flexibility.
- Fosters the growth and development of less experienced staff
while fostering an enthusiastic environment with internal and
external customers. Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree highly preferred but not required
- 8+ years of progressive commercial insurance underwriting
experience across different verticals
- Excess & Surplus Experience preferred but not required
- AIS, ASLI, AU, and CPCU designations or completion of other
insurance related classes is preferred but not required Options
Create Profile & Apply Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading... Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? Connect with us for
general consideration. Application FAQs Software Powered by
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Scottsdale , Senior Underwriter, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!