Work Location: Scottsdale , AZ
Secondary Location: Santa Ana, CA, US; Tallahassee, FL, US;
Irving, TX, US; Seattle, WA, US;
Employment Category: Full Time Regular
Join our team! First Americans Direct division provides
comprehensive title insurance protection and professional
settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and
equity loans. As a global leader in providing title insurance,
settlement services and risk solutions for real estate
transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build
your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers
achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We
believe that our people are the key to the companys continued
success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and
empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else.
First American has created an award-winning culture and has been
named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the
sixth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to
Work lists. For more information, please visit
Come join First American as an Instructional Designer for the
Direct Division! We are looking for someone to design, develop, and
implement digital media learning solutions.These solutions include
videos for self-paced training, mobile learning, video, and
interactive and/or multimedia creation.
- Build commercial quality learning content using industry
accepted instructional design processes (ADDIE, ARCS, Blooms
- Perform needs/job analysis and effectively communicate
development requirements to all levels within the
- Gather information and compile/analyze data to determine the
most appropriate and effective learning methods for diverse work
- Work with subject matter experts, stakeholder, business
sponsors and students to ensure learning objectives are met.
- Present complex information using instructionally effective
- Analyze/assess training effectiveness and recommend
- Track employee performance and measure training outcomes.
- May recommend training methods.
May participate in system administration and course maintenance,
such as Learning Management System (LMS)
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Training project management skills with an emphasis on needs
analysis, scope, time estimations and execution
- Demonstrated critical thinking to review and analyze data
- Proficient in graphic/user interface/interactive design
- Experience with applications such as:
- Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator, Bridge, Premiere,
InDesign, AfterEffects, etc.)
- Articulate 360 (Storyline 360, Rise, Studio 360, Replay,
- Snagit 2018 or greater
- Camtasia 2018 or greater
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Online graphic design applications, such as Venngage, Canva,
- HTML, ActionSript or application/gaming design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; self-starter
Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond quickly to emergent
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and
Typical Range of Experience
- 4-7 years of experience designing training for adult audiences
in a professional environment (commercial or corporate)
Information Mapping/DocuTools Certification preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal work hours and/or responsibilities from
time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employees development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid
sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase
Returning users, access your profile or edit/update your
Careers // Instructional Designer Remote R022419
First American Title Insurance Company makes no express or
implied warranty respecting the information presented and assumes
no responsibility for errors or omissions.
First American, the eagle logo, firstam.com, and First American
Title are registered trademarks or trademarks of First American
Financial Corporation and/or its affiliates.