Company: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports to work on time and is on the side station as indicated
on the work schedule. Uniform meets restaurant requirements and is
maintained and clean. Practices positive personal hygiene and
cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Sets-up the side station to include all food items, preparation
equipment, plateware, food ingredients and supply items needed for
effective operation of the station. Follows the Side Station
set-up, and reports problems or discrepancies to the Chef.
- Assists other kitchen personnel in food preparation and
sidework as assigned by the Chef. Preps all food product according
to the standards and procedures stated on the RCSH recipe
- Preps and cooks all food to ensure that all items are prepared
according to company specifications, recipes, procedures and
quality standards. Ensures our guests have a superior dining
experience by correctly timing and serving all food product.
- Checks, prior to the start of the shift, the par and stock
levels of all potatoes, vegetables, hot appetizer ingredients,
condiments, garnishes, equipment, plateware and smallwares to
ensure sufficient quantity for the demands of the business.
Communicates any discrepancies to the Chef/Sous Chef.
- Correctly seasons, cooks and plates all side station food
products to ensure that all food product is prepared and served up
to RCSH standards of quality, presentation and timing.
- Communicates and coordinates with the broiler cook to ensure
that all food product is prepared and ready for service at the
- Restocks all food items, condiments, plateware, smallwares,
equipment and supplies throughout the shift to ensure sufficient
stock levels for the demands of business.
- Maintains the highest degree of sanitation, cleanliness and
food safety of the work area to include counter tops, stovetops,
fryers, floors, walls and shelving.
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety
guidelines and practices throughout the shift. Immediately reports
any unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, accidents and/or injuries to
the Chef and/or Manager on Duty.
- Supports other Back-of-House positions as needed, providing a
seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
- Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of
each shift. Assists Chef on Duty and kitchen personnel in
accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift, handle, carry food supply, smallwares,
equipment, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 50 pounds
constantly and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility
for a period up to eight hours in length
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to extreme cold
30 degrees, heat temperatures above 100 degrees, loud noises from
restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and
- The use of cut gloves as that is a company requirement for all
BOH personnel for safety
- Maintains good grooming habits
- Minimum 1 year experience as a side or saut cook in a full
service, fine dining upscale, tablecloth or casual dining
- Experience with fresh products preferred
- Minimum 100 covers per shift
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
to supervisors, other team members, vendors, suppliers and other
- Ability to understand communication in English
- Position may require work on nights, weekends, and
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract,
express or implied. The content of this material is not
all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only. Ruth's Chris
Steak House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Inc., Scottsdale , Side Cook, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!