Company: State of Wyoming
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ENEG12-2021-00146-Principal Engineer-Pinedale | ` page has
$5,779.32 - $7,447.58 Monthly
Description and Functions Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of
Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Principal Engineer for our
Construction Program in Pinedale, Wyoming. This position is
responsible for all aspects of highway construction and contract
administration from design through construction and project record
finalization, including reconstruction and maintenance projects for
bridges, interstate highways, state highways, county roads, and
city streets, public buildings; manage and train a crew of
technicians and engineers assisting with the project design and
contract administration; work closely with Federal, State, County
and City personnel as well as various utility companies, landowners
and the public through all phases of the projects; and apply
professional engineering practices to end up with a quality project
that is completed timely and within budget without claims or
Human Resources Contact: 307-352-3048 Elise
- Responsible for documentation of project quantities and
- Responsible for negotiating and securing agreements with
landowners, government agencies, and consultants.
- Responsible for meeting requirements ofDEQ, BLM, USFS, and
other agencies on projects.
- Coordinate and develop consensus among representatives of the
city, county, federal, and the department, as well as the general
public and special interest groups to address project impacts and
effects at the design and construction level.
- Research, locate, and negotiate materials, survey, water, and
plant site agreements with private landowners, businesses, and
- Generate special provisions for all projects to address issues
unique to each project.
- Initiate and monitor consultant agreements and progress to
provide various surveying and engineering services.
- Generate plans, summaries, and estimates for maintenance
- Resolve and recommend a resolution of contractor disputes and
- Review, generate and negotiate change orders.
- Provide fundamental and supplemental training to
- Responsible for determining equipment, manpower needs, and
- Manages, coordinates, and organizes field inspections, surveys,
laboratory testing, material analysis, and quality control to
ensure the project is constructed in accordance with plans and
- Prepares technical engineering studies and/or summaries for a
variety of projects.
- Responsible for the development of plans and documents.
- Responsible for determining equipment & manpower needs & budget
- Assures projects are completed in accordance with plans,
specifications, and design criteria.
- Responsible for engineering recommendations and summaries for a
variety of projects.
- Reviews and approves or rejects submittals.
- Ensures the engineering staff's work activities meet project
technical and policy requirements, state statutes, and federal
- Performs feasibility analysis to ensure cost-effective
- Coordinates with other programs, agencies, or outside entities;
participates in value engineering studies and public meetings.
- Provides responses as the result of claims, lawsuits, or other
public record requests.
- Prepares and coordinates budget recommendations.
- Conducts performance appraisals, makes hiring and firing
recommendations, conducts disciplinary actions.
- Trains develop and mentor staff.
- Advises senior leaders regarding design and project budgets,
design and schedules, and contracts.
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures (SOP's)
for the engineering section.
- Participates in selection panels of architects, engineers, and
- Confers with the staff of agencies in other states or other
government levels regarding joint actions taken or to be taken, or
in exchange of vital or useful information; develops, reviews, and
makes adjustments in a long-range plan for agency (or major
- Reviews blueprints, design plans, and specifications for
technical merit and owner intent on all projects and quality
control, functionality, readability, sustainability, and
- Develops cost estimates for future projects to include design
and construction costs; Advises senior leaders on acquiring
engineering-specific software, hardware, equipment, and
- Affixes PE stamp to work completed.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals relating to highway
geometrics, hydraulic design, soil engineering, and construction
- Knowledge of legal aspects of supervision, hiring, and
- Skilled in preparing and delivering technical training and
- Able to communicate effectively through both verbal and written
means to relate specific concepts and ideas to outside agencies,
public partners, and direction to engineers and technicians.
- Able to effectively plan, organize, oversee, and monitor work
schedules and projects.
- Able to give attention and work under pressure.
Bachelor's Degree (in Engineering)
2-4 years of progressive work
experience (in Engineering) with acquired knowledge at the level of
a Project Engineer Certificates, Licenses,
Professional Engineer's (PE) License
Required at time of hire - (Wyoming PE required within six months
of hire date.)
Necessary Special Requirements
- FLSA: Exempt
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to
confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the
United States. Learn more about E-Verify , including your rights
045-Wyoming Department of Transportation - WYDOT-Chief Engineer -
To learn more about the Wyoming Department of Transportation,
please visit us atwww.dot.state.wy.us/home.html
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively
supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the
A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent
Agency State of Wyoming
Address See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, Wyoming, 82002
Keywords: State of Wyoming, Scottsdale , Principal Engineer, Other , pinedale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!