Company: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports to work on time and is on the pantry station as
indicated on the work schedule. Uniform meets restaurant
requirements and is maintained and clean. Practices positive
personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work
- Sets-up the pantry station to include all cold food items,
preparation equipment, smallwares, plateware, food ingredients,
garnishes and supply items needed for effective operation of the
station. Follows the Pantry Station Prep List for station set-up
and stocking. Reports any problems or discrepancies to the Chef on
a timely basis.
- Assists other kitchen personnel in food preparation and
sidework as assigned by the Chef. Preps all food product according
to the standards and procedures stated on the RCSH's recipe
- Preps and cooks all food to ensure that all items are prepared
according to company specifications, recipes, procedures, plate
presentation and quality standards. Ensures our guests have a
superior dining experience by correctly timing and preparing all
- Checks, prior to the start of the shift, the par and stock
levels of all salad ingredients, cold appetizers, dessert items,
condiments, garnishes, equipment, chilled plates and other service
plateware and smallwares to ensure sufficient quantity for the
demands of the business. Maintains sufficient back-up par levels.
Communicates any discrepancies to the Chef.
- Correctly prepares vegetables for salads; portions and plates
salads and desserts and ensures that all food is prepared and
served up to RCSH standards of quality, presentation and
- Communicates and coordinates with the food runners and
expeditor to ensure that all food product is prepared and ready for
service at the correct time.
- Rotates and restocks all pantry food items, condiments,
plateware, smallwares, equipment and supplies throughout the shift
to ensure sufficient stock and back-up levels for the demands of
- Maintains the highest degree of sanitation, cleanliness and
food safety for work area to include counter tops, refrigeration
units, floors, walls and shelving.
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety
guidelines and practices throughout the shift. Immediately reports
any unsafe condition or unsafe act, accidents and/or injuries to
- Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of
each shift. Assists Chef on Duty and kitchen personnel in
accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift, handle, carry food, smallwares,
equipment, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility
for a period up to eight hours in length
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a
- Must be able to taste, to be able to distinguish between and
among flavors, spices, temperatures, mouth feel and smell to
distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal
and level of intensity for all food and beverage products
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to extreme cold
30 degrees, heat temperatures above 100 degrees, loud noises from
restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and
- The use of cut gloves as that is a company requirement for all
BOH personnel for safety
- Maintains good grooming habits
- Minimum 6 months experience as a pantry or salad cook in a full
service, fine dining upscale, table cloth or casual dining
- Experience with fresh products preferred
- Minimum 100 covers per shift
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
to supervisors, other team members, vendors and guests
- Ability to understand communication in English
- Position may require work on nights, weekends, and
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract,
express or implied. The content of this material is not
all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only. Ruth's Chris
Steak House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Inc., Scottsdale , Pantry Cook, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!