Company: Sophia's Kitchen
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITIONThe Server plays a leading
role in developing positive, lasting guest relationships by
consistently delivering an excellent dining experience. As the
direct link between the guest and the restaurant, it is primarily
the servers responsibility to ensure that each guest enjoys all
aspects of their dining experience. All JGP employees are held to
high expectations; it is the servers responsibility to know the
menus inside and out, play an integral part in the financial
results of the position, contribute to run- ning side-work, and be
self- motivated to go above and beyond our set of standards.DUTIES
- Know and follow all JGP policies & procedures.
- Welcome and greet guests.
- Make all guests feel comfortable and let them know you are
there to personally take care of them.
- Know regular guests by name, their preferences, and their
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will
- Answer questions about our food, beverages, and other
restaurant functions and services
- Take food and beverage orders from guests and enter orders in
our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and
- Know and follow laws for serving alcohol.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as
required by service station assignment.
- Own your station and maintain clean service areas make it a
place where you would like to eat.
- Ensure a neat and clean station check table-tops, polish
silverware, water glasses, and wineglasses, wipe bases, check
floor, wipe windowsills, chairs, windows (smudge- free), check salt
& pepper, candles, and flowers.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience.
- Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service.
- Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept pay- ment,
process credit card charges or make change (if applicable)
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations
- Be ready and willing to assist back servers with clearing and
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Participate in proactive communication to help avoid and solve
operational, HR, and financial issues.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and
efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant
manager or immediate supervisor.
- Minimum of 2 years like volume restaurant serving experience
with a basic knowledge of dining room service procedures.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must have a great personality, desire to serve guests, and
enjoy working as part of a team.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of
time (up to 8 hours)
- Must be able to safely lift and easily maneuver up to 20 to 25
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per
- Must follow safety procedures closely.
- Must be able to work on holidays and/or weekends.
Keywords: Sophia's Kitchen, Scottsdale , Server, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!