Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial
services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to
democratizing financial services and empowering people and
businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open
digital payments platform gives PayPal's 392 million active account
holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful
ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in
person. Through a combination of technological innovation and
strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and
move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending
payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200
markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree,
Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in
more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold
balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account,
if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of
your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will
help us process your application, below are some guidelines for
creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important
for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple
capitalization, please use the same format as your government
Job Description Summary:
Our Native Mobile Checkout team is seeking to reinvent the way
we purchase with others. PayPal currently enables millions of
people around the world to complete their purchases. As a company
PayPal has a breadth of experience combined with international
reach. We intend to bring depth to that experience in new ways and
to do so by leveraging the latest and greatest in technology.
For starters, we are looking for iOS engineers who are
impassioned by the idea working with a wide range of technologies.
This role would have you joining a team that provides the
opportunities of a startup but without any of the potential
instability and loss of work/life balance that comes with working
for one. The best of both worlds.
This role may grow into one of leadership and direction as the
team grows. Expect to teach and mentor others about the various
things you'll learn along the way.
What we do matters-both to us and to millions of people around
Day to day:
- Work with product and design teams to develop new ideas and
explore new opportunities. Your opinion matters and you'll have
opportunities to have a say in how things are built out.
- Architect and build your projects using mostly Swift 5 and
above and some Objective-C/C.
- Write code that is designed to be reusable and that can be
shared amongst other teams.
- Experience with localization and internationalization.
- Familiarity with animation in iOS.
- Familiarity with auto layout and how it differs from frame
- Experience working with notifications and background tasks in
- Experience building embeddable software development kits for
others to consume, as well as having knowledge about the pros and
cons of SDK development or have some pretty good insight about what
might be important here
- Bring product and code improvement ideas to the team.
- Be willing and able to learn new technologies and programming
languages when the need to do so arises
side environment such as NodeJS
- Comfortable working with Xcode, Interface Builder,
Objective-C/C++ and Swift.
- Able to work with abstract architecture and move existing non
generic code to a more generic and abstract framework when
- Care strongly about developing amazing user experiences.
- Ability to see, notice and address visual inconsistencies such
as unequal or insufficient padding, inconsistent shadows and other
UI minutiae that are insignificant alone but add up to a lackluster
presentation when combined.
- Excited about the opportunity to explore new technologies and
programming languages when the need arises.
an equivalent server side environment such as NodeJS
- Experience playing with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 as well as Swift
UI and any of the new 2019 WWDC announced technology
- Experience working with Core Location and MapKit.
- Experience with Core ML (1 or 2) or other Machine Learning
- Experience with ARKit (1 or 2) or other Augmented Reality
- Previous experience gamifying an application.
- Previous experience with Java/Kotlin and Android.
- Solid knowledge of popular JS frameworks and libraries (React,
scope/closures, the event loop and asynchronous callbacks.
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation
for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One
Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical
standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to
treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and
respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and
find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial
empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all
persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship
status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed,
gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will
provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.