Senior Server Engineer
Company: Discount Tire
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people
with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. As America's largest
independent tire retailer, specializing in tires & wheels, we have
over 1,000 store locations and continue to grow every year. Our
consistent growth over the last 60 years, the loyalty of our
customers and passion of our people makes Discount Tire a great
place to work.
Working independently, the Senior Server Engineer is responsible
for the execution of the server infrastructure and administration
of Active Directories. his senior-level professional is a seasoned
individual that works on complex development assignments and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sharing expertise and insight with other engineers
- Motivating staff and fostering collaboration
- Own backend services related to the identity and e-commerce
needs of the entire company
- Translate requirements into technical designs and product
- Lead the development effort and help the team turn designs into
- Ensure your services can handle the load generated by
- Interface with external groups to provide integration support,
strategy and direction
- Help set team standards around documentation, programming best
practices and overall code quality
- Demonstrate a strong bias towards service, quality and customer
satisfaction; applying information on past experiences and assists
others in applying these lessons to solve problems.
- Monitors server performance, virtualization performance and
provides utilization projections. Monitors backup system
performance and reliability. Monitors messaging performance and
performs troubleshooting of errors.
- Performs diagnostic analysis, preventive maintenance, and
troubleshooting of networks and servers. Identifies inefficiencies
in deployment/build process and provides solutions. Server setup,
installation and configuration.
- Configures and maintains HA configurations of various types.
Defines the hosts in the backup system and establishes schedules.
Allocates Servers based on application needs using the appropriate
protocols and tiers.
- Server capacity planning, forecasts server growth, consults
vendors, plans and executes server installation. Collaborates with
programmers and database administrators to optimize server
- Uses communication skills to listen to, identify & address
customer needs while building a relationship and rapport with
- Builds positive working relationships with team members,
managers & all departments.
- Ensure the appropriate level of documentation to support the
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and
- Completes IT Governance & IT project job assignments to ensure
achievement of established project milestones
- Prioritizes and responds promptly based on severity levels to
needs of the customer. Proactively or timely recognizes
opportunities for service recovery and acts to resolve issues.
- Provide technical assistance in server planning, engineering
- Provide recommendations on changes and design enhancements to
improve reliability, security, processes, and performance.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging server tools and
- Research, evaluate and recommend system technologies to support
- Develop and manage a robust data backup and retention
- Coaches and mentors' Level I and II
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of direct professional programming experience (Java
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming principals
- 5+ years of professional experience with REST APIs and other
types of web services
- Hands-on experience building highly scalable applications and
infrastructures (AWS experience preferred)
- 3+ years of professional experience with SQL and NoSQL database
- 3+-years of professional experience with caching and queuing
- S. degree (or higher) in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated attitude with an ability to carry ideas from
inception to completion
- Experience with setup and maintenance of MS System Center
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to
effectively exchange ideas and information and effectively relate
to others in order to accomplish work responsibilities.
- Can effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all
Keywords: Discount Tire, Scottsdale , Senior Server Engineer, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!