Electrical Engineer, Video
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Our mission is to protect life.
We're out to make the world a safer place by solving big
problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time.
From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full
suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on
providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and
services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the
next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in
policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building
relationships and serving in their communities. We'll put video at
the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the
truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is
It's a big mission, but it's one we'll pursue relentlessly every
As a member of the Video Electrical Engineering team, you will
own design, development, and testing of leading-edge video product
subsystems. Your responsibilities include digging deep into your
engineering toolkit to creatively design robust embedded electronic
circuits that meet challenging product requirements. Then, further
development of the design by executing characterization and
optimization activities to ensure that performance targets are
amply met. You will exercise and grow your electronics know-how in
various ways, while helping a passionate team deliver technologies
that positively impact Law Enforcement, Public Safety, and their
- Research, propose, and develop subsystems and circuit solutions
for Body Worn Cameras, In-Car Camera Systems and/or their accessory
- Using OrCAD Schematic tools, design embedded
Mixed-Signal/Analog/Digital electronic circuits that may integrate
application processors, image sensors, high- and low-speed data
interfaces (DDR, USB, I2C, SPI), switch-mode and linear power
supplies, batteries, audio subsystems, RF transceivers, and
discrete digital and analog components.
- Team with PCB engineers to plan, implement, and inspect printed
circuit board layout designs using Allegro or other layout
- Map out test plans and draft test methods for evaluating
- Bring up, characterize, and debug systems and circuits using
lab tools such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic
analyzers, power supplies, etc.
- Evaluate performance of circuits and assess compliance to
product and regulatory requirements.
- Optimize performance of electronics design
- Assess and document design outcomes, test results, and related
information and present information to design teams.
- Work with component and development partners to select,
evaluate, and approve electronics designs.
- Develop, evaluate, and finalize Bill of Materials and other
design documentation needed for product release.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 2 years of battery-powered embedded circuit design,
including microcontroller or applications processor systems, power
supply subsystems, and high speed digital communications
- Hands-on electronics bring-up, characterization, and debug
experience using laboratory tools: Oscilloscope, power supplies,
- Experience with schematic design using Cadence/OrCAD
- Experience using PCB layout tools such as Allegro Viewer, to
analyze PCB designs
- Develop products within cross-functional engineering teams
- Familiar with documentation, analysis, and presentations tools,
such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience designing video camera systems and/or in-vehicle
- Experience integrating wireless systems such as LTE, WiFi,
- Experience designing products to regulatory standards (FCC, CE,
- Experience with FPGA integration
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Axon, Scottsdale , Electrical Engineer, Video, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!