Senior Network Engineer
Company: Discount Tire
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people
with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been
growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our
history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we
are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our
growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our
retail and corporate operations.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Network Engineer leads the
set-up, configuration, modification and support of the network
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure maintenance and implementation of network disaster
recovery architecture and operations.
- Develop and maintain multiple complex systems, applications,
security and network configurations.
- Perform complex network administration, including, but not
limited to, software updates, patches and configuration.
- Install, configure, support and maintain multiple complex
network service devices, cloud environments, telecommunications and
LAN/WAN/WLAN/SDWan hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network service devices;
network security devices; and telecommunications services; cloud
environments; recommends solutions to mitigate future issues
- Lead complex projects within networking group.
- Research, make recommendations and lead solutions that are in
line with procedures for increased infrastructure performance.
- Mentor and train Network Administrator, I and II's.
- Develop and recommend tools and procedures for increased
Infrastructure performance; lead implementation of solutions.
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering
questions related to procedures and services.
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing
exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires five years of network infrastructure
experience. Retail (IT) experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following systems:
network operating systems, WLAN, Cloud environment, network
topologies, network hardware, computer operating systems, routing,
switching, data privacy, security and telecommunication systems is
- Advanced knowledge of network services availability,
performance, and security required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including skills with
Word, Excel and Visio are necessary
- Proven analytical skills are required and the ability to lead
teams/projects. Proven ability to motivate self and others is
- Advanced understanding of multiple networking tools such as
Nmap, Sam Spade, NetScanTools Pro, SuperScan, NetCat, Ethereal,
EtterCap, Snort, WinDump / TCPDump, DSniff, Fport, PsTools, Tlist,
Tasklist, and Process Killer, Solarwinds Engineering Toolset is
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and
customer service skills is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet
deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential. In
addition, troubleshooting, organizational and problem-solving
skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust
Keywords: Discount Tire, Scottsdale , Senior Network Engineer, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!