Industrial Engineer, Logistics
Posted on: June 7, 2021
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013,
we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars.
We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the
traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the
largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per
year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our
expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360 photographs of our
vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the
ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a
dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for
consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile
device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on
our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return
policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars
to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer
pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes,
you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core
of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car
buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and
possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people,
willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and
juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work
at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies
around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and
develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or "bags,"
depending on where you're from) tournaments. However, the pace is
pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep
WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
A driven, experienced Industrial Engineer to join our Logistics
team. Carvana's operations are complex and benefit from data,
analysis, reporting, and process improvements. An ideal candidate
will support our Logistics network by understanding workflows,
identifying areas of opportunity, and utilizing their technical
skills to solve problems and improve processes.
As an Industrial Engineer in Logistics, you will:
- Utilize business intelligence related tools and concepts such
as Tableau, SQL (through MS SQL Server), relational database
design, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel, Python, etc.
to solve operational problems
- Be involved in extracting, cleansing, and visualizing data
using the tools and techniques described above
- You will add business value by helping architect, design, and
prototype solutions to streamline and optimize business
- You will work with end-users to validate data and ensure buy-in
with new reporting or analysis
- You will work with others to understand business processes and
deliver data so that non-technical resources can understand/respond
- You will become familiar with current operations across various
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Economics,
Engineering, Finance, Math, Supply Chain, or similar field from an
accredited undergraduate institution required
- Experience in data, reporting, analytics, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in SQL. Knowledge of
and capacity to learn visualization software, such as Tableau, is a
- Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools
(ETL processes, Python, etc.)
- Capable of managing competing priorities and ability to work
- Ability to effectively collaborate with technical and
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your
knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
- This role may be eligible for visa sponsorship.
Keywords: Carvana, Scottsdale , Industrial Engineer, Logistics, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!