Company: J.F. Shea
Posted on: June 7, 2021
This position underwrites conventional and government loans
processed through automated underwriting systems and issues manual
loan decisions. The Senior Underwriter reviews findings and
documentation to ensure compliance with agency and investor
guidelines and issues final loan decisions based on the findings of
FNMA, FHLMC, investor automated systems and manual decisions. This
position is responsible for conveying decisions to Operations and
Sales Team members and restructures loans, if necessary, to find
alternative solutions. The Senior Underwriter must have knowledge
of new construction purchase loans consisting of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA,
VA and non-conforming jumbo loans, as underwriting will apply among
these specialized loan types.
- Review loan application and supporting documentation according
to guidelines. Submit through underwriting system. Review findings
report and verifies that initial file documentation supports
findings. Issue credit decision based on underwriting review in
combination with automated findings and convey decision to
- Review automated underwriting findings of refer and caution to
determine if there is an ability to issue a decision based on the
credit risk of the loan. Suggest alternative loan programs by
restructuring the loan.
- Responsible for traditionally underwriting loans and making
manual loan decisions. Issue credit decisions and convey that
decision to the applicable parties.
- Ensure compliance with both standard and automated underwriting
- Resubmit loan files as needed through automated system for
updated or final submission. Review updated documentation and
reduced appraisal forms and issues final loan decision. Review and
clear conditions as needed to complete loan file.
- Provide quality control reviews on files for other team
- Resource for processors, closers and loan originators for
questions on specific loan files and interpretation of feedback
reports from automated systems.
- Participate in FHA update meetings and reviews compliance
sources to remain current on industry and investor changes.
Technical/Professional Knowledge (knowledge/skills, education
- Three years work experience required, preferably with one year
related work experience in residential mortgage lending or 1st
Trust Mortgage or Home Equity underwriting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Good analytical and math skills required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Computer skills required.
Additional Criteria Required:
- Positive & flexible attitude with an eagerness to take
initiative and assume responsibility. Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Consistently produces quality work, well organized and proven
success in improving areas of responsibility. Always maintains
- Highly responsive to internal and external customers. Performs
standard and advanced customer service duties. Maintains strong
customer service focus while working in a fast-paced environment
where continuous improvement is expected.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and abilities. Builds
cooperative relationships with others.
- Teamwork and goal achievement oriented.
- Able to prioritize and balance multiple projects and
assignments. Detail-oriented and conscientious. Consistently
produce quality work with dependable work ethic.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with
hands and arms, stoop, kneel, talk, hear, and use a telephone and
personal computer. May be required to lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Must be able to occasionally drive during work hours.
This position will be located at the operations center in
At Will Employment
All employees of the Company are considered to be, "at will." As
such, any employee may terminate his/her employment at any time,
with or without cause, as may the Company.
Keywords: J.F. Shea, Scottsdale , Senior Underwriter, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!