Sr. Dir., Finance Risk & Compliance BP
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial
services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to
democratizing financial services and empowering people and
businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open
digital payments platform gives PayPal's 392 million active account
holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful
ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in
person. Through a combination of technological innovation and
strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and
move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending
payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200
markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree,
Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in
more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold
balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account,
if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of
your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will
help us process your application, below are some guidelines for
creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important
for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple
capitalization, please use the same format as your government
Job Description Summary:
This role will serve as the Second Line of Defense primary point
of contact and business partner for the Finance Organization,
inclusive of Treasury, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Investor
Relations, Pricing, Tax, SOX, and Financial Planning & Analysis.
Working directly with Senior Leadership in Finance to identify and
mitigate risk, advise on strategy, and ensure PayPal meets its
regulatory obligations. This senior leadership position is
responsible for second line oversight of the Business Unit's
execution of PayPal's Risk and Compliance Management Program,
driving a data-driven approach that meets the PayPal global
- Provide subject matter expertise to the PayPal senior
leadership regarding identifying, assessing, prioritizing, and how
to manage risk.
- Be a contributor in business strategy development.
Understanding internal and external influences and the business
climate, and decision and execute accordingly.
- Deliver advice based on a wide breadth of competencies across
risk domains (e.g., financial, operational, strategic, technology,
- Engage key Risk and Compliance program stakeholders to help
support business unit initiatives and to execute program
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk,
propose solutions to resolve issues, and providing guidance for
future avoidance of similar issues.
- Review results of Risk Assessments, and provide effective
challenge. Identify areas of improvement and drive
- Ensure regulatory requirements are understood and complied
with, within emerging growth initiatives and new products.
- Partner with the business to understand their needs, and drive
solutions specifically around process improvements.
- Provide regular updates and presentations to senior leadership
on emerging risks and regulatory changes impacting their products,
services, and markets.
- Develop and present quarterly risk and compliance reviews for
senior leadership, noting key areas of focus and progress against
- Serve as a credible business partner to executives and other
- Provide objective, independent risk and compliance assessments
- Collaborate with cross-functional team professionals; strive to
deliver exceptional and responsive service by providing risk and
compliance management expertise in a clear, solution oriented and
- Escalate timely and actionable information to key
- Support management and operations with problem solving on
- Deep knowledge of global financial institutions, money service
business, and/or banking compliance, including significant
knowledge of compliance risk, operational risk, financial risk, and
- At least 15+ years of experience in a large organization
including demonstrated leadership in building risk and compliance
- Extensive experience with regulators and the regulatory exam
process, ideally for non-bank financial institutions.
- Extensive experience in financial modelling, including forward
looking risk identification.
- Deep understanding of key regulations including SOX and capital
- Deep understanding of payment processing, digital payments, and
the risks associated.
- CPA preferred.
- Ability to navigate across multiple geographies, including
global shared services functions.
- Experience designing Board documents and organizational
structures to support appropriate governance across complex entity
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with
key stakeholders, including strengths in influencing, conflict
management, and negotiation.
- Ability to communicate complex matters in a simple and clear
- Capacity to take ownership of outcomes and the ability to work
with business unit teams to confront issues and drive
- Skilled at identifying and recommending cost effective
solutions and organizing resource allocation.
- Extensive experience in partnering with and counseling senior
business clients, particularly in the context of a rapidly changing
- Strong problem solving and operational process skills and
attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to analyze regulatory risks in complex
business processes, and recommend controls to mitigate those
- Excellent presentation and project management skills with the
ability to successfully work multiple issues at one time.
- High energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the
desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment, and cross
- Ability to operate with strong integrity with the ability to
handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and
- Partnership - organizational awareness, engages widely with
peers and seniors across PayPal.
- Innovate - leads effectively in a dynamic, fast-changing
environment; challenges convention.
- Deliver Stand out Results - develops decisive strategies that
deliver tangible results.
- Execution - focuses the business area on strategic priorities;
operates clear, simple systems.
- Enable and Grow Talent - builds capability and a succession
- Leadership - contributes to the business leadership agenda;
sets business area vision.
What we offer?
- Be a part of a dynamic entrepreneurial team shaping the
- Concrete experience with strategic thinking and on-the-ground
drive and execution.
- Future career opportunities with international exposure via
PayPal's network of global locations.
- A supportive environment that allows our employees to thrive
San Jose, California, United States of America
Austin, Chandler, Chicago, Los Angeles (inactive), New York,
Omaha, Remote North Carolina, Scottsdale, Timonium, Washington DC,
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation
for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One
Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical
standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to
treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and
respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and
find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial
empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all
persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship
status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed,
gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will
provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: PayPal, Scottsdale , Sr. Dir., Finance Risk & Compliance BP, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!