Software Engineer II - ServiceNow
Company: Discount Tire
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people
with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been
growing for 60 years and now is the best time in our history to
join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always
looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are
a Company that promotes from within, both in our retail and
Under general supervision, the Software Engineer II bridges the
creative and technical aspects of web development to technically
enable user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) designs. Works
across a variety of platforms, frameworks and front-end
technologies. Develops websites, online applications, integrates
code with additional systems, resolves code errors and introduces
new technologies and solutions. Work with other software engineers
to conceive research, design and implement new website
functionality and maintain existing website code.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop application code and layouts according to Company
- Works with stakeholders to determine application and reporting
needs, develops and designs appropriate applications and
- Review requirements to understand audience, usability and
- Participate in project planning and solutioning design with
technical, business and project leaders, planning and discussing
the specifics of projects, new technologies and deadlines
- Update existing application content, creates new features that
follow existing standards; makes some modifications to existing
- Develop interfaces that are usable, intuitive and esthetically
- Develop features with a concern for accessibility and
- Perform UX research for both validating a design as well as
understanding new initiatives
- Produce user flows, prototypes, UI specifications and final
- Ensure user requirements align with business requirements
- Coordinate, develop and facilitate usability tests applying
user-centered design principles, human factors, usability
heuristics and methodologies and industry best practices and
- Document design standards for UI / UX
- Ensure graphic design is consistent with Company branding
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure business requirements
- Mentor Software Engineer I
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and
strategies. Researches new functionality.
- Assist employees, vendors and customers by answering questions
related to UI / UX application development
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing
exceptional customer service
- Identifies ITSM application and reporting needs in
collaboration with stakeholders; develops appropriate applications
- Researches, analyzes and develops new applications and new
modules to establish an information hierarchy; implements new
applications to meet customer specifications
- Identifies, configures, tests and troubleshoots problems,
performs root cause analysis, and provides critical thinking toward
long term technical solutions
- Performs technical implementation of negotiated Service Level
Agreements (SLAs), notifications and reports
- Develops integration components
- Develops Service Catalog items, variables and workflows
- Develops technical documentation
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering
questions related to ITSM processes, procedures and services
- Trains new ServiceNow stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of 3 years web development
experience, including UI / UX experience.
- A minimum of three years ServiceNow experience required
similar programming, server-side experience and competency with
basic database transactions is required.
- Demonstrated experience with web applications, network
protocols and email is required.
- Understanding of enterprise IT architecture is preferred.
HTML5 and CSS3 experience is necessary.
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform and/or
cross-device compatibility is required.
- Knowledge of responsive design concepts is required.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly iterate through multiple
concepts, designs and layouts, effectively incorporating feedback
from multiple disciplines then refining then for improved usability
and appearance is essential.
- An understanding of agile development ideas: scrum;
test/behavior-driven development; code-evaluate-iterate is
- Ability to communicate with upper management
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Proven ability to wor
Keywords: Discount Tire, Scottsdale , Software Engineer II - ServiceNow, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!