Front-End Web Developer
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Description: We are looking for a creative genius to join our
team at SpyFu. You will be designing and building the user
experience for SpyFu.com.
A passionate audience relies on us to help solve their Search
Engine Marketing problems. Your job will be to design and build a
user interface for them that makes petabyte-scale data as clear as
possible. Often times, we have to think way outside the box and
create new visualizations from scratch (see SpyFu Kombat or Ad
History). But, ultimately, it's about taking lots of information
and making it clean, snappy, and actionable for our customers.
- 2+ years experience.
- Really good problem-solving skills.
- Drive to "get things done". SpyFu is a small company, you'll be
required to wear many hats. The management is also pretty loose, so
you'll need to be able to keep yourself on task and make decisions
that you wouldn't have to in a big company. This is the toughest
thing for us to measure, so if you can think of a way to show us
this side of your character, please go out of your way to do
Should haves, but not absolutely required:
- An eye for design -- or better yet, design and UX
Nice to have (so be sure to tell us about):
- .NET Core, .NET MVC, Babel, Webpack.
- Unit testing experience (jest, Nunit, xunit.)
- Amazon AWS - Lambda, Glue, SQS, ElasticSearch, EC2, S3, Athena,
- Design Skills -- If you got design experience, send a
- Internet Marketing Knowledge (CRO, SEO, PPC, etc.)
- Communication passion (do you like writing/blogging,
video skills, podcast, twitter.)
You can go to SpyFu.com and type in any domain name and see
every keyword they buy on Google Adwords, every keyword they rank
on organically, and how their ad copy and search rankings have
evolved over the last 11 years. On top of that, our goal is to tell
people not just what is going on but how to act. So, we need to
figure out which keywords, ads, and content are actually profitable
-- and then show that information to our customers in a context
that allows them to take action.
It's a fun challenge, and we are the best in the world at what
Based in the Scottsdale Airpark, SpyFu was launched in 2006 and
is a bootstrapped, profitable and growing SaaS company.
If you get the job, you'd be the 20th full-time employee (not
including the founder). But, that doesn't mean we expect you to
give up benefits:
- We offer health benefits through your choice of providers.
- Retirement Plan (401k) with 4% matching.
- You get an office -- with a door.
- Food and beverages are provided. (pretty much name it and it
will magically appear)
- We have a commercial-grade automatic espresso machine.
- We play ping pong and even have a ping pong robot. Oh, yeah,
and there's a nationally ranked ping pong instructor that comes in
to give lessons every Friday.
- Foosball and Xbox One (do you have Rocket League skills?) are
also part of the entertainment options.
- There's a masseuse every other week. And a hair stylist once a
- Oh, and a boxing instructor 3 days a week.
Learn more about our history and culture at
We pay market-competitive salaries.
At SpyFu, we understand that our people are what makes us
awesome, and we invest in getting the right people on our team and
keeping them around once they're on board.
You might be waiting for the shoe to drop. We've had people tell
us that the job sounds too good to be real, and they almost wrote
it off as SPAM. The truth is, this IS in many ways the perfect job.
It is real. We are real.
But, to get the job you have to be really, really good. The
interview process is the toughest in the valley. But, the cool
thing is that once you make it, you realize that every
single person you work with also had to pass that bar --
which is awesome.
Keywords: Spyfu, Scottsdale , Front-End Web Developer, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!