Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Benchmark's company culture is central to our management
philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an
entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create,
share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes
passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our
extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common
goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The Engineering Supervisor is an hourly staff position within
the Engineering department. The main focus of this position is to
perform and/or oversee the persons performing preventive and/or
unscheduled maintenance within the hotel, with an emphasis on HVACR
and Foodservice equipment. This person must be proactive in their
approach to solving daily challenges. The Engineering Supervisor
will also need to respond to guest requests as well as perform
other duties within the engineering department as directed by the
Assistant Chief or Director of Engineering. The Engineering
supervisor will be responsible for the resolution of service
requests received while he is on duty.
- The Engineering Supervisor will perform PM and repair work to
all types of building systems and mechanical equipment within the
hotel and grounds.
- The Engineering Supervisor will assist guests with service
requests on an as-needed basis.
- The Engineering Supervisor will need to learn, understand, and
become proficient in all computer-based systems utilized by the
Engineering department (i.e. energy management systems, electronic
key systems, HVACR controls, etc.).
- The Engineering Supervisor will work frequently with electrical
circuits, control circuits, gas-fired equipment, and plumbing
systems as well as various power and hand tools.
- The Engineering Supervisor will have to meet challenges with a
positive and proactive attitude.
- The Engineering Supervisor will have to perform work so that it
is done on time and satisfactorily to all parties concerned.
Specific job knowledge, skill, and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using a combination of skills and
- Must possess adequate written, verbal, and spoken communication
skills in the English Language.
- Must possess the ability to follow instructions.
- Previous resort maintenance or a similar field is
- Proven mechanical aptitude in any of the following fields:
HVACR, electrical, plumbing, commercial food equipment, and
building construction and/or repair.
- A basic understanding of Windows based computer systems (Word,
Excel, etc.) or the ability to learn pertinent applications for the
engineering department is desirable.
- Standing, walking, climbing ladders
- Lifting through full range (50+ lbs.)
- Physical flexibility enough to work in confined spaces
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement
- Ability to properly wear any required personal protective
- Ability to work at heights above 6'
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, Scottsdale , Engineering Supervisor-1, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!