Manager, Software Engineering
Company: Harris Computer Systems
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Manager, Software Engineering
Harris Ambulatory Group - Remote
Harris Ambulatory Group, a division of Harris Computer, is
seeking an agile Software Engineering Manager. Reporting to the
Director of Software Engineering, you will lead a team of software
engineers responsible for product maintenance, regulatory &
enhancement development, 3rd Party Integrations and Customer
The Software Engineering Manager's primary role is centered
around managing a portfolio of healthcare PM and EHR products,
directing a diverse technical team, collaborating with other
managers and departments, while continuously promoting best
practices and the growth of technical expertise.
What will be your impact:
- Lead a development team in maintaining and enhancing a
portfolio of products.
- Work closely with your team in solving problems, debugging
issues, and guiding their development efforts.
- Collaborate with management, customer service, business
- Contribute towards providing our clients with stable and secure
- Ensure execution of established R&D best practices.
- Set short & long-term goals for your team & empower them to
attain those goals.
- Manage multiple requests and prioritization of your team's
- Work closely with leadership and project managers to ensure
on-time and on-budget completion of projects.
- Coach your team to implement a culture of continuous
improvement and performance.
- Support your team's productivity by working across departments
solving problems and clearing roadblocks.
- Promote teamwork and build trust in a safe cooperative
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience as a successful Software Engineer.
- Leadership qualities: new or emerging leaders as well as proven
leaders are all welcome
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem-solving with the
ability to focus on details while maintaining the 'big picture'
view. Capable of improvising, adapting, and overcoming when
- Deep knowledge of web technologies, ASP.NET, jQuery, Angular,
- Experience with SQL in database environments like Oracle and MS
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery in a
- Ability to work some evening hours when system changes or
maintenance require it.
- Organize team reporting and working meetings; support the team
in managing progress; manage risks and issues; correct deviations
from plans; with focus on regular and timely delivery of
- Ability to work independently and react quickly to changing
priorities with a consistent sense of urgency.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Manage confrontation and uncomfortable conversations with
composure and respect.
- Enthusiastic - high-energy and inspire others to deliver value
while having fun as a team.
- Experience with an Agile SDLC.
What will make you stand out:
- Strong Software Engineering experience.
- 1+ years managing software engineers in a software development
- Possess the initiative and energy to succeed in a fast-paced
- Are a self-motivated individual who takes ownership of goals
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, MS Office Suite.
- Experience managing remote teams and team members.
- Willingness to tackle new challenges.
- Experience in the U.S. healthcare industry.
- Practice Management and Electronic Health Records development
What we offer:
- Culture for Growth
- Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits
- Every Voice Matters
- Global Reach
- Careers with Purpose
- World Class Career Development Programs
- Focus On Sustainability
Keywords: Harris Computer Systems, Scottsdale , Manager, Software Engineering, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!