Financial Reporting Senior Associate
Company: Equity Methods
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Senior Associate - Financial Reporting Group
Our award-winning Financial Reporting team is looking for an
energetic professional who possesses strong technical and practical
problem-solving skills to deliver creative solutions to Fortune 500
companies and beyond. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex
problems, aspires to create a delightful client experience, and
appreciates using technology to bring automation to
With over 80 professionals and experience serving hundreds of
publicly traded clients (including 37 of the Fortune 100), Equity
Methods seeks to combine the best of a large professional services
firm with the best of an entrepreneurial, technology-enabled
company. We work hard in the quest to have a high impact and
deliver exemplary client service that supports our client retention
and overall growth story. We have consistently been rated a Top
Company to Work for in Arizona.
The Financial Reporting team at Equity Methods specializes in
developing controlled processes to manage the external and internal
reporting for publicly traded companies' share-based payment
programs. The role provides outstanding breadth of exposure,
ranging from numerous areas in GAAP to forecasting, planning, and
analysis (FP&A) to data analytics and visualization.
About the Successful Candidate
You built a reputation as someone who is eager to learn and
enjoys problem-solving. You grasp new concepts quickly, and you
enjoy the challenge of complex accounting and business problems.
You are passionate about your career and hope to find a home where
you can make a genuine impact and see how your efforts are linked
to the firm's growth. Teammates view you as someone who is driven
and is stellar in follow-through.
You enjoy finance, accounting and data analytical work. The idea
of taking a manual, multi-step process and automating it sounds
interesting to you. Going the extra mile to make clients' lives
easier and using plain English to explain complex technical issues
is something you enjoy doing every day.
In short, successful professionals at Equity Methods are
analytical, resourceful, low on politics, and high on impact.
- Bachelors or Masters in accounting, finance, economics, or
- 1 - 4 years of experience in financial reporting, advisory,
audit, or other related fields.
- Exposure to high-pressure professional services environment,
external deliverable deadlines and client/project management.
- Exceptional ability to perform independent analysis and propose
solutions in preparation for discussing with the team and executing
the necessary solution steps.
- Capable of interpreting complex accounting theory and
translating it into a functional process.
- Creativity in designing processes from both a controls and
- Ability and willingness to think critically and solve
"out-of-the-box" problems independently.
- Clear, gracious oral and written internal/external
communication and exceptional time management skills. Able to
successfully coach junior associates.
- Desirable: Exposure to programming language/s for high-volume
- Desirable: CPA license or CPA candidacy; CFA or other similar
pursuits also welcomed.
The Senior Associate Role
As a Senior Associate at Equity Methods, you will have an
immediate opportunity to apply your skills to client work. You will
gain exposure to client communication, engagement structures,
project deliverables, and how we engineer well-controlled
algorithms to reduce risk and drive automation. You're on a fast
track towards the consultant role where you interact with clients,
lead external meetings, supervise associates, drive new client
implementations, and much more.
More specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Completing our Senior Associate training program. The training
covers skills the fundamentals junior associates are expected to
master (internal algorithms, programming and process design) so
that you have credibility with them and the requisite know-how, in
addition to the foundations of project management and client
communication. After completing the training program and the
initial launch period, you will be able to contribute in the
- Supporting day-to-day client interactions in a way that
demonstrates accountability, upholds quality standards, and
ultimately delivers client delight through ongoing improvement of
the client experience.
- Designing, implementing, and documenting processes to
proactively manage risk and inject thoughtful control measures to
ensure adherence with accounting regulations, plan specifications,
and client's needs.
- Reviewing deliverables and owning successful client service
outcomes. Completing reviews promptly, offering high
attention-to-detail feedback, insight on packaging and framing to
clients, and astute identification of process improvement
- Supporting ongoing financial reporting engagements and leading
new client implementations by learning the inner workings of
processes, data structures, and end-state reporting
- Executing client processes with full attention to detail, draft
client emails, and support clients on ad hoc requests.
- Participating in client delivery meetings and external audit
review sessions, ensuring that clients understand the work product
delivered and their external auditors grasp all essential features
of the solution.
- Participating in practice- and firm-level initiatives involving
client service, thought leadership, technical research, process
reengineering, and risk management.
- Promoting a low-drama, collegial environment in which results
are the ultimate benchmark of success
You'll need a launch period to learn our processes and become
productive. During the launch period, you'll be responsible for
enhancing your subject-matter expertise in stock-based compensation
and related accounting literature reporting (e.g., ASC 718, 260,
740, 805, 470, and 480; IFRS 2, etc.) You'll complete assigned
programming exercises in SAS and engage in self-directed practice
to develop the skills necessary to understand and build processes
in our technology environment.
Being Part of the Financial Reporting Team
Like any other company, ours isn't the right fit for
- We solve novel problems on tight deadlines. Thus, a proactive,
ownership-based work style is expected for all members of the
engagement team, regardless of seniority level.
- We create a positive impact by delivering results for clients
as a team, which requires an agile, forthright communication
approach and tight, ongoing internal collaboration horizontally and
- Small teams = big responsibility. Good judgment is required.
The upside is you have excellent autonomy.
- All employees work from our headquarters in beautiful
Scottsdale, Arizona. Scottsdale is part of the Greater Phoenix
Metropolitan Area and boasts a high quality of life-despite the HOT
- Travel is generally light (<20% in most cases). Since
clients are located all over the country, and our users are around
the globe, we use video conferencing software and email
- We move fast as part of our focus on having a high impact. This
is not a slow-paced 40-hour-per-week position.
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
Keywords: Equity Methods, Scottsdale , Financial Reporting Senior Associate, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!