Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: June 8, 2021
PURPOSE: To maintain desired level of fresh meat production.
Maintains cleanliness of department and equipment. Ensures customer
service and product quality, freshness, safety and selection.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to Company and Division customer service programs to
meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer
relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of
customer complaints and reporting to the Meat Manager or Store
Director as appropriate. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of
- Receives and breaks down loads. Checks for quality and
quantity. Maintains product quality by ensuring compliance with
Company policies and federal and state regulations on storage and
- Cuts, grinds, weighs and wraps fresh meat products according to
proper procedure to ensure product quality. Controls shrink and
expenses. Prevents the sale of out of date or spoiled product.
- Accurately completes and monitors daily log sheet and other
required paperwork and logs.
- Maintains and organizes meat department cooler and freezer.
Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor, work area,
cooler, freezer, equipment and retail cases.
- Ensures that product quality, trimming, grinding, packaging,
labeling, rotation and wrapping standards are met.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and
implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper
signing procedures and monitoring product flow. Complies with
retail labeling laws, federal and state regulations and Company
- Follows Company policies in pricing and handling re-worked and
- Complies with all federal, state and local health, and food
handling and safety standards.
- Assists customers by taking and filling special orders. Makes
product suggestions and engages in suggestive selling.
- Answers and responds to incoming calls appropriately.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities
safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duties.SKILLS AND PHYSICAL
- Ability to be friendly, courteous, tactful and maintain
composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Requires working knowledge of all job duties within the Meat
Department including cutting, wrapping, steaming, grinding, cubing,
tenderizing and customer service.
- Ability to communicate orally and read and follow written work
- Requires a good understanding of overall company practices and
Meat Department policies and procedures. Requires the ability to
judge and react to business activity.
- Must have knowledge of product variety, standards,
perishability, food safety, sanitation, labeling and department
policies and procedures.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of
varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs. Bends,
stoops and reaches frequently and occasionally climbs ladders.
Pushes and pulls fully loaded hand trucks, high boys and pallet
jacks. Performs repetitious arm movement to prepare and package
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate
completion of work activities.
- Requires knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and
measures. Must have knowledge of taste, content and perishability
of products, safety and sanitation procedures and department
policies and procedures.
- Operates computer software and electronic ordering devices to
input order and inventory and print labels.
- Utilizes saws, cutters, grinders and other cutting and wrapping
equipment. Utilizes cleaning supplies and equipment. Utilizes
safety cutters. Requires use of safety gloves.
- May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to cutting
equipment and other work aids necessary to perform job duties. WORK
- Hands remain moist during majority of work time. Hands are
frequently exposed to 30 Fahrenheit while handling product in the
display cases. Requires the ability to work for prolonged period of
time in an environment with a temperature range of 40 to 50
- Exposure to 35 Fahrenheit while handling products in cold
cases, 28 Fahrenheit in cooler and -20 Fahrenheit in freezer.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store
environment.SAFETY-SENSITIVE POSITION:Job responsibilities include
tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the
employee performing the task or others.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of work performed by employees assigned to this job. All
employees must comply with Company, Division and Store policies and
applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified may vary within each store and from
store to store.
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Scottsdale , Meat Cutter, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!