Financial Reporting Associate
Company: Equity Methods
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Financial Reporting Associate
Open positions: typical hiring occurs for January and June start
dates, however, we welcome the opportunity to meet and hire
exceptional candidates at any point during the year.
We are looking for an energetic professional who enjoys problem
solving, aspires to create genuine impact to clients, and
appreciates working through technical finance and accounting
With over 80 professionals and experience serving hundreds of
publicly traded clients (including 35 Fortune 100 companies),
Equity Methods seeks to combine the best of a large professional
services firm with the best of an entrepreneurial,
technology-enabled company. We work hard in the quest to have high
impact and deliver exemplary client service that supports our
client retention and overall growth story. We have consistently
been rated a Top Company to Work for in Arizona.
About the Successful Candidate
You built a reputation as someone who loves problem-solving and
learning. You learn quickly, and you enjoy the challenge of doing
so. You think about your career and hope to find a home where you
can make a genuine impact and see a link between your effort and
the firm's performance. Teammates view you as someone who moves
quickly and follows through on your commitments.
You enjoyed your finance and accounting course work. While
perhaps you were not exposed to programming languages, the idea of
taking a manual, multi-step process and automating it sounds
interesting to you. Learning how to interact with clients and
communicate complex technical issues clearly is something you think
you would enjoy.
In short, you're analytical, low on politics, and high on
- Bachelors or Masters in accounting, finance, economics, or
related discipline. Please be sure your GPA is listed on your
- 0 - 4 years experience in a financial reporting, finance,
advisory or audit role. Candidates at a more senior level may be
considered for a different position within the practice.
- Expertise and experience in theoretical accounting subjects:
capability to interpret complex accounting theory and translate
into a process-based understanding of how data should flow and be
- Ability and willingness to think critically and solve
"out-of-the-box" problems independently.
- Creativity in engineering processes from both a controls and
- Maturity in internal/external communication and time
- Desirable: Exposure to database design principles.
- Desirable: Exposure to SAS or another programming language for
high-volume data handling.
- Desirable: CPA license or CPA candidacy; CFA or other similar
pursuits also welcomed.
The Financial Reporting Group at EM:
Our award-winning Financial Reporting team specializes in
developing controlled processes to manage the external and internal
reporting for publicly traded companies' share-based payment
- External reporting needs span compensation expense, diluted
EPS, and deferred tax (ASC 718, 260, and 740, respectively). We
also assist clients with ASC 805, 820, 470, and 480 matters.
- Internal reporting needs span forecasting and budgeting,
international tax management, and related varieties of management
- You can read more about our Financial Reporting Service
offerings here: http://www.equitymethods.com/reporting/
The Associate Role
As a new associate at Equity Methods, you will have an immediate
opportunity to begin applying the skills you acquire in training to
client work. You will then gain exposure to client processes,
engagement structures, project deliverables, and how we engineer
well-controlled algorithms to reduce risk and drive automation. As
your career progresses, you will begin interacting with clients,
mastering the theory behind our reporting areas, leading
reengineering efforts, supporting new client implementations, and
More specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Completing our new-hire training program. The training covers
our internal algorithms, programming tools, and client report
- Supporting ongoing financial reporting engagements, by learning
the inner workings of client processes, what purposes they serve,
and how they address client needs.
- Executing client processes, thereby demonstrating excellent
attention to detail, drafting client emails, and collaborating with
more experienced team members to ensure client expectations are
- Designing, implementing, and documenting the underlying data
handling processes, ensuring that solutions are consistent with the
terms of the client's compensation plans and adhere to accounting
- Participating in client delivery meetings and external audit
review sessions, ensuring that clients understand the work product
delivered and can utilize the reports in their financial reporting,
and their external auditors grasp all essential features of the
- Support in various practice initiatives related to risk
management, process reengineering, and technical research.
- Implementing and enhancing control measures within the practice
to ensure risk is being properly managed in client engagements.
Developing specific control tests, performing end-to-end analyses
of processes to understand where there is risk, and assisting in
compilation of high-quality work papers for future reference and
Consulting associates will be supported by leaders of the
practice in an effort to train and develop skills related to
engagement management early in their careers.
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
Keywords: Equity Methods, Scottsdale , Financial Reporting Associate, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!