Principal UX Designer
Company: Discount Tire
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people
with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been
growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our
history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we
are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our
growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our
retail and corporate operations.
The Principal UX Designer leads the design of the Company's web
presence, solves user issues and addresses business goals with the
focus on simplicity, ease of use and overall user experience.
Drives the strategic direction of prototypes and validates new
product ideas using Lean Startup and Design Thinking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines standards/ design requirements for wireframes, user
flows, information architecture, site maps, functional
specifications/ requirements and functional prototypes; approves
final design product.
- Researches, strategizes and defines innovative user interfaces
and interaction styles to improve user productivity, including
insight into emerging design and technology trends; develops
creative solutions to complex problems.
- Interprets analytics data to identify user behavior and make
recommendations for improved user experience
- Creates A/B and multi-variant to inform design decisions
- Oversees/ validates usability and prototype studies through the
use of multi-variant testing.
- Works with ideas, information and material from corporate
stakeholders to develop prototypes and strategies to reach UX
- Develops strategies to increase engagement and interaction
- Stays current on the latest UX trends, principles and
- Looks to the future - Introduces best practices, technology,
innovation and creative troubleshooting
- Answers employees, vendors or other customers by questions
related to UX design, procedures and processes
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing
exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of eight years progressive
experience designing usable interfaces and interactions, preferably
in a large multi-site organization; retail experience is a
- Requires a thorough understanding of how visual and interactive
design work together to create a superior product.
- Experience with consumer web-based products is necessary.
- Demonstrated expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and
prototyping software (Sketch, InVision, etc.) is required.
- Proven experience conducting qualitative user research and
usability testing is necessary. Proven organizational, strategic
problem-solving and decision-making skills in the field of design
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the
organization is necessary, specifically to clearly articulate
complex technical ideas to a non-technical audie
Keywords: Discount Tire, Scottsdale , Principal UX Designer, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!