Accounts Payable (AP) Processor
Company: Republic Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: The Accounts Payable Processor is primarily
responsible for the receipt, review, and classification of accounts
payables transactions to ensure efficient and timely processing.
This may include reviewing data, determining the accuracy of the
information, researching discrepancies where apparent, interfacing
with internal departments and vendors/suppliers to reach
resolution, and obtaining proper approvals.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily tasks to ensure they are
addressed with the appropriate level of urgency.
- Processes a high volume of invoices and expense reports and
prepares the bank deposit while following standard operating
accounts payable procedures on a daily basis. Maintains a
pre-established level of monthly productivity in accordance with
- Partners with internal corporate departments and field
divisions to address and resolve issues in a collaborative and
- Researches and reconciles accounts with vendors in a
professional and courteous manner to resolve issues, which may also
include reconciling the daily and weekly banking transactions.
- May assist in maintaining purchase order systems and performing
the necessary tasks to match purchase orders to receiving and
invoicing documents to properly reconcile and resolve any
- Assists in the decisions making process for Positive Pay, ACH
and credit card banking exceptions.
- May process all field and corporate requests for Stop Payments,
Voids and Escheats.
- May track, research, and deposit checks received from vendors
and other sources.
- May process daily manual, expedited or urgent check requests
and one-time vendor payments, as needed.
- May be responsible for researching payment gaps and collecting
missing invoicing through analysis of monthly reporting.
- May be responsible for check, ACH and credit card payment
- Assists others to facilitate effective work flow, as needed,
including answering questions and providing training and support on
accounts payable processes and procedures.
- Participates with cross-functional groups to address
opportunities for improvements, making recommendations to implement
more effective and efficient process and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- 1 year of accounts payable or related experience.
- 1 year of high volume data entry.
- Multi-company accounts payable processing experience.
- Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with
- Ability to research and reconcile accounts and work with
vendors to resolve issues.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Inc., Scottsdale , Accounts Payable (AP) Processor, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!