Supv Butcher Block
Posted on: June 9, 2021
PURPOSE: Directs and controls the operation of the Butcher
Block. Supervises and trains Butcher Block personnel. Ensures
customer service and product quality, freshness, safety and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to
meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer
relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of
customer complaints and reporting to the Meat Manager or Store
Director as appropriate. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of
- Orders, receives and breaks downloads. Stocks, displays and
rotates meat, poultry and seafood products in the butcher block to
ensure quality, freshness, selection, eye-appeal and proper
inventory level to meet customer demands. Processes fresh fish and
other seafood items. Creates effective displays for meat, poultry
and seafood and other related merchandise in the butcher
- Prepares seafood salads and other seasoned or prepared product.
Cooks samples. Steams clams and lobsters.
- Supervises, motivates, trains and participates in the hiring of
butcher block personnel. Monitors associate performance and
recommends personnel actions such as hiring, firing, layoff and
disciplinary action. Schedules personnel to ensure adequate
coverage, service level and meeting of budgetary goals.
- Supervises the day to day functions of the butcher block to
achieve customer service, and sales and profit objectives.
- Conducts daily inspections of the butcher block and initiates
corrective measures to ensure compliance with product quality and
trimming and grinding procedures, rotates products, maintains in
stock conditions, code date standards, sanitation, safety and
- Assists with all butcher block duties such as: receiving,
storing, cleaning, customer service, cutting, wrapping and
- Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays.
Controls shrink and expenses. Accurately completes and monitors
daily log sheet, purchase report, and sales and labor and other
required paperwork and logs. Maintains records on ad items
Orders, checks, receives and controls inventory to ensure proper
inventory level, product quality and freshness and to prevent the
sale of out of code products.
- Takes periodic inventories, processes administrative paperwork
and maintains accurate department records. Maintains and organizes
and work area.
- Ensures that product quality, trimming, grinding, packaging,
labeling, rotation, labeling and wrapping standards are met.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and
implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper
signing procedures and monitoring product flow. Complies with
retail labeling laws, federal and state regulations and Company
- Follows Company policy in pricing and handling re-worked and
reduced-to-clear items. Complies with all federal, state and local
health, and food handling and safety and security
- Assists customers by taking and filling special orders. Makes
product suggestions and engages in suggestive selling. Makes
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor, work area,
freezer and cooler, equipment, and retail cases.
- Answers and responds to incoming calls appropriately.
- Maintains and cleans knives, scales, display cases, knives,
scales, steamers, broilers, microwave oven, boiling pots and other
cooking and cutting equipment.
- Assists with implementing emergency procedures in the event of
equipment and computer software malfunctions.
- Ensures that all associates are trained and instructed in the
proper performance of work duties. Monitors associate performance
and reports observations to the Meat Manager or Store Director.
Resolves associate complaints and reports to the Meat Manager or
Store Director as
- Maintains confidentiality concerning associates, store sales
and other Company information.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities
safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duities.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires working knowledge of all job duties within the Butcher
Block including cutting, wrapping, steaming and customer
- Requires strong communication skills, good leadership and
interpersonal skills, the proven ability to manage people and the
ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers and
- Requires knowledge of employment laws and workplace
- Requires a good understanding of Company practices and Butcher
Block policies and procedures. Requires the ability to judge and
react to business activity.
- Must have knowledge of product variety, standards,
perishability, food safety, sanitation, labeling and department
policies and procedures.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of
varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs. Bends,
stoops and reaches frequently and occasionally climbs ladders.
- Pushes and pulls fully loaded hand trucks, high boys and pallet
- Performs repetitious arm movement to prepare and package
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary.
Must be able to operate cutting utensils and equipment.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate
completion of work activities. Requires knowledge of basic
mathematics and weights and measures. Must have knowledge of taste,
content and perishability of products, safety and sanitation
procedures and department policies and procedures.
- Operates computer software and electronic ordering devices to
order products, plan sales, input inventory and schedules, and
- Utilizes knives, scales, steamers, broilers, microwave oven,
boiling pots and other cooking and cutting equipment. Utilizes
cleaning supplies and equipment. Utilizes safety cutters. Requires
use of safety gloves.
- May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to cutting
equipment and other work aids necessary to perform job duties.
- Hands are in frequent contact with ice, hot and cold water, and
meat, fish and poultry products. Exposure to heat and steam of 400
Fahrenheit while cooking products and samples. Exposure to
potential hazards exists with wet floors, cutting and cooking
equipment and procedures.
- Exposure up to 30 Fahrenheit while handling products in cold
cases, 28 Fahrenheit in cooler and -20 Fahrenheit in freezer.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled store
- Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect
the safety or health of the employee performing the task or
- The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of work performed by employees assigned to this job. All
employees must comply with Company, Division and Store policies and
applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified may vary within each store and from
store to store.
Keywords: Safeway, Scottsdale , Supv Butcher Block, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!