Director, Product Management - Consumer (Remote US)
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Our mission is to protect life.
We're out to make the world a safer place by solving big
problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time.
From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full
suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on
providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and
services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the
next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in
policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building
relationships and serving in their communities. We'll put video at
the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the
truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is
It's a big mission, but it's one we'll pursue relentlessly every
As the first digital product leader on the consumer team, you
will own a broad variety of efforts across the business, including
app development, device integrations, new feature development,
accessories strategy and more. As the company continues to grow and
scale (through your efforts!), you will own the development and
roadmap of one or more product verticals.
Your focus will be to lead mobile product development and IoT
for Axon Consumer market. you will lead efforts to bring our new
products to market. Working with our R&D lab, internal, and
external teams to develop and improve our digital product
experiences. In pursuit of this goal, you will become an expert on
the customer needs you're solving, identify opportunities to
improve to launch digital features and product innovations that
improve the safety and security of our customers
- Scope and launch Axon's consumer facing mobile
- Source and manage production and development resources
- Manage the digital products life cycle from ideation, scope of
work, prototyping and testing, to final deployment
- Work with R&D to develop digital product integrations and
- Partner with Development to ensure roadmap timelines are
- Proactively and consistently communicate released functionality
and roadmaps to stakeholders
- Manage release notes, roadmaps, trainings, questions on
features and timeline updates.
- Create user stories based on the market's problems and document
requirements for Development team.
- Validate and report defects, collaborating with the Development
team to ensure timely fixes.
- Perform methodical research to enhance product opportunities
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in product
management, data science, or engineering
- Tech savvy and passionate about building products.
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to
prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Have a basic capability of manipulating data using Python or
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills while working with
customers and our internal teams
- Prioritize working on things that drive the most impact rather
than trying to get everything done
- Some experience working in growth stage ($10MM - $100MM ARR)
- Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a
must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of
data into actionable information
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff,
colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller (written &
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers in real life situations, see
them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Axon, Scottsdale , Director, Product Management - Consumer (Remote US), Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!