Executive Managing Director, Wholesale Property
Company: The Hartford
Posted on: June 10, 2021
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue
meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only
at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that
sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford is looking for a head of Wholesale Property for
Global Specialty's E&S line of business. This position will
report to the Head of Navigators Specialty. He/she will be
accountable for delivering both top-line and bottom-line growth for
the Property business. He/she will develop and implement our
underwriting appetite, design our underwriting, product structure
and CAT management approaches, partner closely with wholesalers to
deliver profitable growth and own the long-term strategic plan for
This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding individual
who has the ability to:
- Drive The Hartford's penetration of the E&S market;
- Leverage Navigators Specialty's reputation and existing
capabilities to expand our appetite in non- admitted capabilities
- Create and execute countrywide strategies to deliver profitable
growth for Wholesale Property.
- Define the infrastructure, capabilities and investment needed
to expand upon existing E&S capabilities for the Wholesale
- Coach, direct and mentor staff. Set clear objectives and goals;
give appropriate feedback on progress and development needs.
Attract and develop top talent for succession planning.
- Oversee product development and marketing dedicated to the
Wholesale Property offering.
- Collaborate with reinsurance brokers and actuarial to determine
CAT management strategy and ensure successful execution that leads
to long-term profitability with acceptable volatility.
- Lead the development, management and communication of Wholesale
Property underwriting policies. Lead the development of new or
revised underwriting positions and appetite. Ensure underwriting
guidance is regularly reviewed and maintained.
- Develop and manage relationships with external brokers to
achieve written premium, profitability, rate, retention, product
mix and new business production goals.
- Oversee national brokers' production plans, monitor performance
to ensure profitable growth.
- Monitor line of business results and react quickly and
effectively to growth and profit challenges.
- 10+ years of Property underwriting including excess & surplus
lines, reinsurance and/or large accounts. At least 5 years of
experience in a leadership position managing an underwriting
organization In-depth knowledge of Wholesale Property underwriting
principles for both primary and XS lines.
- Demonstrated track record of setting business strategy,
establishing underwriting direction, completing contract
negotiation, ensuring appropriate reinsurance purchasing,
performance monitoring, claims monitoring, operations execution,
and any necessary product development/enhancement work.
- Demonstrated aptitude for numerical and/or financial evaluation
of business performance; knowledge of insurance financial and
accounting statement and basic actuarial principles;
- Excellence leadership, coaching, and influencing skills;
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Strong business acumen and decision making skills, including an
ability to exercise sound business judgment, leverage market and
competitor intelligence, apply financial acumen and negotiate for
- Strong working relationship with the major E&S wholesale
- Able to influence diverse teams and build strong business
- Solid planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Bachelor's degree
Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Executive Managing Director - UC04CE
Keywords: The Hartford, Scottsdale , Executive Managing Director, Wholesale Property, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!