Director of Compliance
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Who We Are:
We believe in small businesses and the people who grow them. At
Credibly, we leverage cutting-edge data science, technology,
partner relations, and customer support to provide business owners
with accelerated access to right-sized capital solutions. From
working capital loans and merchant cash advances to lines of credit
and business expansion loans, we offer a suite of financing
products that can accommodate nearly any stage of business
development or credit profile.
Founded in 2010 with offices in Michigan, New York, and Arizona,
we have provided access to over $950 million to more than 19,000
small businesses nationwide. On top of being nominated as one of
Crain's 50 fastest growing companies in New York and making several
appearances on the Inc. 500 list, Credibly is annually recognized
for having one of the "Best Blogs For Small Businesses" by several
The Director of Compliance is responsible for the Company's
compliance management program, including both its lending and
internal and external collections activities. He or she serves as
the Company's Compliance Officer and ensures compliance with laws
and regulations governing business lending activities, business
debt collection, vendor and partner management, marketing of
business financial products and services, and data privacy and
protection. Although the Company is not a bank and does not provide
consumer credit, many of its policies and procedures are bank-level
or follow consumer lending laws as best practice. This position
also oversees Customer Service and may have frequent, direct
interaction with customers to resolve escalated inquiries and
Collections experience, as a lawyer or otherwise, is preferred
but not required. Depending on the level and type of experience,
this role may also assist with the negotiation and settlement of
complex and/or adversarial delinquent accounts; provide legal
support for the collections department; and oversee outside
collections and/or defense counsel. This position also assists with
special projects as required. The Director of Compliance reports to
the General Counsel of the Company.
Essential Job Functions:
- On-going development, maintenance and modification of the
Company's policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the
applicable federal and state laws and regulations as well as
industry best practices;
- Develop and implement audit compliance strategies and
coordinate other compliance activities;
- Interact with supplier and strategic partner compliance
departments and implement recommendations and requirements as
necessary or advisable.
- Monitor changes in laws and regulations and disseminate
compliance information to appropriate personnel.
- Administer an employee training program to educate employees on
relevant policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Assist the operational departments of the Company with
implementing compliance-related procedures.
- Develop and maintain a monitoring program and other
preventative controls to detect and prevent potential violations of
laws and regulations.
- Assist with due diligence and design efforts related to new
- Update and review all customer-facing materials including
forms, disclosures, contracts, marketing materials and more.
- Identify and documents controls for TILA, FCRA, ECOA, TCPA,
SCRA and UDAAP.
Collections-related activities may include:
- Assist with litigation management for suits, counterclaims or
regulatory financial services actions.
- Review, edit and approve legal pleadings and affidavits for
collections actions in a variety of states to ensure compliance
with the applicable laws and regulations as well as industry best
- Work with business units as necessary to analyze and resolve
specific customer concerns and complaints that may involve legal
- Enforcement of security interests in accounts receivable and
merchant processing accounts under the Uniform Commercial
- Additional projects as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Education - Bachelor's Degree. Juris Doctor and admission to
practice law in at least one state preferred.
- Experience - A minimum of seven years combined lending and/or
collections compliance related experience; three years of
management experience preferable; experience with data privacy and
data security preferable.
Keywords: Credibly, Scottsdale , Director of Compliance, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!