Posted on: June 12, 2021
GRIMALDI'S IS HIRING A CORPORATE LEGAL COUNSEL IN SCOTTSDALE,
Grimaldi's is seeking a dynamic, driven Corporate Counsel to
provide top-quality legal services in its growing organization. You
will report directly to the company's Chief Legal & Administrative
Officer and work collectively with the executive team and business
departments to manage real estate matters, draft, review, and
negotiate real estate leases and other critical contracts, manage
landlord-tenant issues, play a critical role in the company's
franchise program, provide legal advice to business departments and
operations, lead key initiatives, create and evolve internal
processes, and manage some litigation/dispute management. This role
is an exciting in-house opportunity to deliver quality legal
expertise in a growing organization while gaining valuable
Your Specific Responsibilities:
- Draft and negotiate real estate leases, amendments, renewals,
estoppels, subordination agreements, and other lease-related
- Oversee and evolve the company's comprehensive lease
administration and management;
- Manage landlord-tenant issues and other real estate matters
rising to a legal level;
- Provide legal support and advice on development, construction,
and facilities matters;
- Draft, review, and negotiate critical contracts in partnership
with business departments, including software license, master
service, marketing, consulting, licensing, and franchising, as well
as other key agreements, documents, and marketing material;
- Play a critical role in domestic and international franchise
programs, including drafting Franchise Disclosure Documents and
related agreements, and overseeing registrations.
- Develop, implement, and manage inter-departmental processes
associated with Legal Department functions and services;
- Develop and roll-out critical department initiatives and
enterprise-level initiatives in partnership with business
- Partner with business departments to provide day-to-day and
big-picture strategic advice and guidance in order to achieve the
- Oversee and evolve the company's corporate entity
management/filing/renewal process for existing and newly-created
entities, including corporate filings and governance
- Manage various matters relating to litigation and disputes,
regulatory agency inquiries, and other high-risk matters, including
the selection, retention and cost-efficient management of outside
counsel, as well as related budgeting and spend;
- Conduct legal research, analyze and interpret laws, and
identify areas of compliance, as well as potential vulnerability
and risk; partner with appropriate business departments and/or
operations in order to develop and implement appropriate action
- Provide support on enterprise insurance policy renewals, and
insurance claims recovery;
- Manage aspects of the company's trademark/intellectual property
- Perform additional services as requested by the Chief Legal &
Administrative Officer and other corporate Officers as the needs of
the organization arise.
- Education & Credentials:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and a strong
- 4-7 years of relevant legal experience in a top-tier law firm
or corporate legal department, including significant real
estate/leasing and transactional experience; prior
in-house/corporate experience preferred.
- Member in good standing of at least one state bar, preferably
High level of integrity.
- Confidence, professionalism, and well-developed interpersonal
skills in order to interact with and advise senior management, key
stakeholders, and operations.
- A combination of strategic thinking and tactical
- Sound legal and business judgment; and proven negotiation
- Ability to create, implement, and evolve critical
- A collaborative approach with members of the Management Team,
and the ability to work collectively with others to solve problems
and build a successful business.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability
to prioritize, plan, perform and disseminate information in both
verbal and written forms across all facets of the
- A self-starter willing to take initiative, be proactive and
aggressively drive toward goals and objectives.
- A good sense of humor.
What You Can Expect:
- An environment built on the "8 Slices of Culture", with a
Company "Committed to running the best pizzeria in the world where
family and friends gather for great food and good times". Our
culture is a driving force in how we operate, make decisions and
interact with one another.
- In addition to driving and supporting operational planning
routines and in-depth analysis and forecasting, you'll be expected
to utilize your skills and experience with strategic initiatives by
owning projects from idea-generation through implementation.
- Fast-paced environment due to domestic and international
expansion, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth
and to put your unique stamp on an organization.
- Family values with a culture built on philanthropy at its core-
Grimaldi's actively supports No Kid Hungry and Child Help charities
with time and resources.
- We want you not only for your considerable skill and experience
for this role, but also for your humility, passion, ingenuity, and
top-tier work ethic as a team-player. We recognize there's always
more to learn and it's more fun doing so as part of a team.
Our key ingredients consist of three simple things: People,
Product and Service. By combining these 3 ingredients with
Grimaldi's 8 Slices of Culture, we run the best pizza restaurants
in the country.
Quality - People, Product, Service
Family -- Opportunity, Diversity, Trust
Teamwork -- Creativity, Passion, Success
Communication -Listening, Understanding, Resolution
Energy - Welcoming, Positive, Fun
Accountability - Responsibility, Commitment, Focus
Hospitality - Generosity, Smile, Yes
Integrity - Respect, Honesty, Values
We are an Equal Opportunity and E-verify Employer
Keywords: Grimaldi's, Scottsdale , Corporate Counsel, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!