Group Rooms Coordinator
Company: Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This is the job description for GROUP ROOMS COORDINATOR
Job Title: Group Rooms Coordinator
Department: Sales & Marketing
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Direct Report to Property DOS and dotted line to Area
Director of Revenue Management
Job Purpose: Administer the operational and system processes for
coordinating group arrival and departure. This includes
verification of reservations, online bookings and rooming lists.
Provide ongoing communication between the client, the hotel, and
the sales office ensuring all operational standards are met
including brand standards, DDC audit requirements and overall guest
1. Act as the primary resource for the operational and
administrative functions for group block management
including building blocks, managing group inventory, billing,
pre-arrival and post departure tasks as required.
Act as a resource to the hotel and the client for information.
Verify information and disseminate as appropriate.
2. Maintain a working knowledge of the sales, front office,
accounting areas. Have a thorough understanding of the
operational areas, guest patterns, demand periods and seasons.
3. Maintain a working knowledge of revenue management principles as
it applies to the hotel in general by
attending revenue mngmt and sales meetings in order to insure
financial objectives of the property are met.
4. Possess a working knowledge of the brands guest loyalty program
and how it applies to group customers in
order to ensure proper credit for reward programs to meeting
5. Attend Daily Business review meeting to be aware of business
trends, new bookings and changes to current
6. Attend Weekly Revenue Strategy Meeting.
7. Attend brand or company training programs as directed (may
involve overnight travel).
8. Maintain accurate files and systems for information retrieval as
it relates to group bookings.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Strong technical skills in Word, Excel, Outlook along with good
internet navigation skills.
2. Excellent organizational skills, flexibility.
3. Experience with hotel PMS systems and operational
4. Excellent interpersonal skills. Superior oral/written
communication skills; ability to interact successfully with all
5. Excellent telephone etiquette.
6. Knowledge of general office equipment (e.g., fax machine, copy
7. Tact and good judgment and proven experience interacting with
customers and hotel management.
Education: High school diploma required.
Experience: Minimum 6 months experience in hospitality, sales,
marketing or accounts payable/receivable.
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision.
Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently
lifts/carries up to 10 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and
gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and
fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions
and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Walk extended distances
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort, Scottsdale , Group Rooms Coordinator, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!