Manufacturing Operator - Fermentation - FDE
Company: Aratana Therapeutics, Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company
dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and
the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Operator performs general fermentation operations functions
which include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Bacterial fermentation; media preparation, inoculation,
harvest, and inactivation.
- Preparation for and clean up after all production
- Washing, wrapping and sterilizing glassware and equipment
- Concurrent management of documentation.
- Other manufacturing processes as needed.
Please Note: We are offering a $1,000.00 Sign-On Bonus for this
- High School Diploma/GED
- Speed and accuracy of fine hand manipulation and good eye-hand
- Must be an effective member of a team and be able to follow
written and oral instructions.
- Must possess oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated versatility, flexibility, and initiative, with
high level of organization skills to cover multiple areas as
- Flexibility around shifts, for training and to maintain
workflow, to include overtime. Ability to meet other attendance
requirements, including overtime hours, weekend work, holiday work,
night work, and shift assignments, as necessary.
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or
Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of
two years with potential to extend annually for up to 4 years.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Understands and practices good aseptic technique and
- Perform routine, repetitive tasks with moderate to limited
degree of supervision.
- Performs duties according to established SOP's, production
records and company safety procedures.
- Concurrently completes documentation and follows established
- Reports malfunctioning equipment and 'out-of-spec' product to
supervisor or engineering.
- Disinfection and Preparation work includes, but is not limited
to, the following:
- Washing, wrapping and sterilizing of glassware and laboratory
- Loading/unloading autoclaves.
- Disinfecting ceilings, walls, floors, furniture, fixtures and
Fermentation manufacturing processes: Virus/Bacterial
productions, participate in room and equipment preparation, process
setup, inoculation, harvest, antigen processing, inactivation and
- Cross train and support other areas of operations including but
not limited to; candling, egg traying, washing carboys, general
disinfection, filling processes and any other tasks as needed.
- Associates Degree and previous exposure to aseptic technique
and/or other lab sciences is preferred.
- Scientific aptitude and eagerness to learn preferred.
- Previous fermentation experience is preferred (e.g., Brewery
Brew Master, biotech fermentation, pharmaceutical fermentation,
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Weekend and off-hour work is required.
- Shift is subject to change based on business need
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and clean room
- May be required to work in an area with exposure to potential
- Position may require a certain amount of heavy lifting (up to
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
Keywords: Aratana Therapeutics, Inc, Scottsdale , Manufacturing Operator - Fermentation - FDE, Other , Winslow, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!