Executive Steward - $500 Sign-On Bonus
Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Benchmark's company culture is central to our management
philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an
entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create,
share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes
passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our
extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common
goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
This position contributes to the Hotel Valley Ho success by
supervising team member and cleaning cooking utensils and flatware
in order to provide, cooks, bus persons, and food servers with
appropriate equipment for guests' dining experience. This position
is also responsible for cleaning the physical surroundings of the
kitchen and F&B areas.
Sign-On Bonus of $500 after 90 days; must start/onboard by June
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not
- Maintain the dish machine properly cleaned and filled with
water per hotel standards.
- Sort and wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans
using dishwashers or by hand.
- Operate burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans efficiently, as
support to the cooks.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel
cleaning products as assigned by Chef to adhere to health
- Promote a safe work environment. Keep dish room area organized
and sanitary, being aware of potential cross-contamination
- Work with utility staff to maintain dish room; return kitchen
and catering supplies to assigned areas, re-stock dishes in the
server, sweep and mop dish room floor, empty kitchen trash cans and
ensure loading dock remains clear of spills and debris.
- Ensure utility staff members are working at their assigned
locations for the day, remaining productive throughout their shift,
and completing the cleaning checklists.
- Final walk-through of the facility to ensure all
utility-related tasks has been completed.
- Ensure assignments have been completed at the end of each shift
before staff is dismissed for the day.
- Other duties may be assigned as appropriate. This includes
daily, weekly, monthly cleaning, as time permits.
- Clean and dry floors to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Separate linen from other debris.
- Ensure dishes are sanitized and available as needed.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage
- De-tarnish/polish silver and copper.
- Maintain proper placement/organization of pots, pans, dish
dollies, glass racks, utensils, and linen.
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils in serving stations,
cupboards, refrigerators, etc.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup
- Works diligently to avoid breakage and loss.
- Maintain safety standards set by the resort, at all times.
Ensuring that any accidents and/or injuries are reported
immediately to the Chef and/or immediate manager.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and
equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors,
co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef
and/or Cook I.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills
- Knowledge of service ware and how to maintain all in order to
compliment guest experience.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function
efficiently in high stress work environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a
- Must be able to follow instructions, both verbally and written;
excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and under
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings,
weekends and holidays
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under
- Ability to push and/or pull service carts weighing up to 200
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry goods on a hand cart/truck
weighing up to 100 lbs.
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to work outdoors on
- Must be able to work in either hot or cold conditions.
- Must be able to stand on feet and walk throughout the day,
sometimes on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. & occasionally
lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation,
reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements; squeezing and
overhead reaching occasionally.
- Must be able to twist and bend frequently, and squat
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, Scottsdale , Executive Steward - $500 Sign-On Bonus, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!