BAS Optimization Engineer
Company: Cushman & Wakefield Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
BAS Optimization Engineer
Job Description Summary
- Position supports a Major Financial Client in Malvern, PA. The
position will be responsible for providing engineering support to
facilities management staff and client engineering team with
building system operations.
- Position will monitor and evaluate the operating and energy
performance of a global portfolio of office and mission critical
facilities through installed building automation, electrical
monitoring, DCIM (data center information management) and CMMS
(computerized, monitoring and maintenance systems) systems. The
primary objective will be to identify performance optimization and
energy savings opportunities within the operating environment of
- Position will leverage their extensive knowledge and experience
of building systems and equipment including HVAC (including
boilers, chillers and refrigeration systems, constant volume and
variable volume air handling systems), electrical (including
generators, UPS, switchgear and controls), plumbing, and fire
- Position requires a detailed understanding of the design
principles, efficient operating principles, maintenance
requirements and equipment lifecycle expectations within a
- Position requires excellent written and verbal communication,
organization and interpersonal skills. Must be able to use sound
judgement and discretion and must demonstrate the highest levels of
professionalism and initiative to drive the organizational process.
Must be able to initiate and complete projects and reports
independently, accurately and often under deadline pressure. Must
have the ability to process, prioritize, assign and follow-up on
- Utilize data and trends available through Building Automation
Systems (BAS) to monitor and evaluate building performance for the
- Provide recommendations and actions on improving building
performance to operations and field management teams.
- Determine the impact of performance adjustments on operational
costs and equipment lifecycle of assets.
- Create, modify and enhance existing reporting capabilities to
better fit client needs and operational fulfillment processes.
- Evaluate and report UPS, utility and generator loads.
- Prepare professional documents to describe findings and
recommended actions using charts, graphs, and audience targeted
- Actively explore new technologies and generate new ideas for
work simplification and process redesign.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE - what knowledge, skills, abilities
and/or experience are needed to perform the job?
- Preferred four year engineering degree or technology related
field from accredited university/college.
- Three to five years' experience with focus on design,
installation or maintenance of building management (BMS) & digital
building automation (BAS) systems.
- Experience in commissioning and/or retro-commissioning building
HVAC, electrical and control systems.
- Certified Energy Manager accreditation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to consistently develop accurate periodic reports,
under client defined critical deadlines.
- Time management, multi-tasking, and organization skills with
strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter and must be able to work in a fast paced, high
- Occasional off hour and weekend availability is a requirement
to inspect construction and maintenance activities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May be
required to travel outside between properties in varying weather
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate
information; operate a computer and other office productivity
machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary
position for 50-75% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals
regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants
are employed and employees during employment are treated without
regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type
will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that
are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and
activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities
for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on
the regional location.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity.
Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman &
Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield Inc, Scottsdale , BAS Optimization Engineer, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!