Lehi Health & Life Skills Coordinator
Company: Boys & Girls Club of Greater Scottsdale
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Lehi Health & Life Skills Coordinator (Club Site located in the
Department: Lehi Branch (1231 E. Oak St. Mesa, AZ) & Red
Mountain Branch (11725 E. Indian School Rd. Mesa, AZ)
Location: Mesa, AZ
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff, Club
members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss
issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instruction.
External: Maintains contact as needed with tribal community.
Under the direction of the Director, the Health & Life Skills
Coordinator will manage the local implantation of related programs
on the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community. Manage and be
responsible for planning and implementing the initiative, working,
closely with, and collaborating with local clubs and tribal
officials, as well as First Pic, Inc. and Boys & Girls Clubs of
Greater Scottsdale Development Department.
- Incorporates the Club mission, B&GCA Core Beliefs, Core
Characteristics, Youth Development Outcomes, Core Programs, and the
Youth Development Strategy into programs, services and
- Manages, develops and implements T.R.A.I.L.S, Smart Moves, Meth
SMART, and circle of life related services and activities.
- Maintain required accurate reporting and providing information
to the Grants director and meeting targeted deadlines in a timely
manner. Reports with document attendance, outcome measurements and
participation of tribal and non-tribal youth.
- Prepares all required reports for grant related programs to
FirstPic, Inc. or funding source.
- Effectively monitors and evaluates/modify program materials,
identifying potential barriers and steps to address and overcome
obstacles for attaining a successful program implementation.
- On quarterly basics, send FirstPic, Inc. pictures and new
stories for newsletter and website.
- Submits receipts for materials weekly/monthly; monitoring
spending and keeping within its set budget.
- Follows up, as needed, with tribal leadership of the programs
progress, including success, challenges, and encourages to continue
to build and grow program.
- Meets with various Prevention Providers from Tribal Government
on a regular basis.
- Assists other Branches of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater
Scottsdale with implementation of Health and Life Skill
- Networks with non-tribal agencies on a regular basis.
- Supervise part time staff and leading the team when
- Drives BGCS vehicle between club sites.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A minimum of two years' experience in youth development, foster
care, or juvenile justice fields. Previous working experience with
local Boys & Girls Clubs or tribal-based youth or social services a
- Excellent team building and team leadership skills.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple and varied tasks.
- Strong project management skills, including documenting member
participation and project reporting.
- General understanding of alcohol/drug abuse prevention and
volunteer service field.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
Keywords: Boys & Girls Club of Greater Scottsdale, Scottsdale , Lehi Health & Life Skills Coordinator, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!