Director Actuary Services
Company: CVS Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join CVS Health as a Director, Actuarial Services. We are
seeking an actuary to support our Underwriting and Finance
processes. This position will be responsible for client analytics
and book of business client benchmarking. The Director will
leverage data, modeling, competitive intelligence and budget and
forecasting to inform client pricing and profit decision
- Develop and adjust models to benchmark client's pricing versus
clients with similar characteristics.
- Partner with Finance in reviewing client-level metrics
including P&Ls and forecasts.
- Work across Finance and Underwriting to develop profit
strategies and ensure they are connected to budget process.
- Work across Caremark and Aetna on integrated process and value
- 10 years of business experience
- 5 years of health actuarial experience, including proven
ability to communicate and consult effectively with internal or
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and demonstrated
ability to develop relationships within/outside of the Actuarial
- 3 years working directly with pricing business and working with
Finance on performance governance.
- 5 years experience with Microsoft Excel and Access and data
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Experience in any of the following financial/analytic areas
including pricing and underwriting activities, medical and pharmacy
economics, and budgeting and forecasting.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline, such as finance,
mathematics, or business.
Accredited Actuary (Associate of the Society of Actuaries or
Fellow of the Society of Actuaries.)
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people
on their path to better health. We are working to transform health
care through innovations that make quality care more accessible,
easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together
and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new
approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity,
inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate
in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or
characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local
law. We proudly support and encourage people with military
experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as
well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job
Keywords: CVS Health, Scottsdale , Director Actuary Services, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!