Supervisor, Automation Engineering
Company: West Pharmaceutical Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side
of our patients and customers, our global team members and the
communities in which we operate - which all help contribute to a
At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts
patients' lives each and every day - our products are a critical
part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to
improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We
come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and
help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit
community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and
opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect.
With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success,
which includes reported sales of $2.14B in 2020. We serve by the
side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members
across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of
charities that have special meaning to them through our West
Without Borders team member-led giving program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: List primary duties and
responsibilities of the job, in order of importance and with
percentage of time spent on each duty / responsibility. If this is
a management level position, include supervisory
- Lead and mentor engineering team to achieve site and department
goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and
implement sustainable manufacturing processes and systems.
- Technical and hands-on automated equipment troubleshooting,
repair, and improvements.
- Perform and document engineering studies and evaluations.
- Analyze data to drive improvements, determine prioritization,
and identify opportunities.
- Lead and provide mentorship in root cause and corrective action
- Assess and perform/schedule technical training, including
electromechanical systems, pneumatics, servos, PLCs, schematic
reading/interpretation, new technology, etc.
- Champion high-visibility projects. Develop project scope,
timeline, savings, and cost estimations.
- Quote new automation lines, engineering services, etc. Develop
design concepts for new automation.
- Write validation, user requirements, equipment specification,
and other documents as needed.
- Establishes relationships with customer and automation
suppliers in pursuit of winwin results and ongoing business.
- Provide engineering assistance to assure plant, machinery, and
processes are at an optimum level.
- Routinely evaluate and review employee performance.
- Promote and support a Lean Manufacturing environment within the
- Research new technologies and methodologies to use in the
- Provide a "Customer Service" attitude when interacting with
internal and external customers while accomplishing work,
production, and achieving quality standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Conform with and abides by all regulations, policies, work
procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibit regular, reliable, punctual and predictable
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: List required education level and/or
equivalent experience, number of direct reports and any required
skills or certifications, consistent with West's leveling
- Education: Bachelor's in Engineering or Science field is
- Experience: 5-8 years of experience
- 2+ years of managerial or supervisory experience in
manufacturing environment required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, workflows, production
equipment and industrial techniques.
- Must have effective problem solving and interpersonal
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: List any preferred education, skills,
- Six Sigma green belt or black belt preferred.
- Strong automation background and experience with CAD and SAP
systems a plus.
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: List type of work environment
(office, home, etc), % of travel required or any other relevant
- Must be able to perform job duties as required with limited
- 10-20% travel
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. If you have a special need that requires accommodation in
order to apply to West, please send an email to
email@example.com. Where permitted by law, an offer of
employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its
subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the
satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a
pre-employment drug screening.
Keywords: West Pharmaceutical Services, Scottsdale , Supervisor, Automation Engineering, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!