Pool Supervisor - Mountain Shadows
Company: Benchmark Mountain Shadows
Posted on: September 3, 2021
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management
philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an
entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create,
share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes
passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our
extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common
goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
To work within the framework of a quality Food & Beverage Service
team. Demonstrate a leadership role to all other staff members.
Oversee Pool in staffing, training, and schedules of pool and golf
bar staff. Be dedicated to our pool and the highest of standards.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and
methods of preparation for each dish served at the Pool as well as
the Pool drink menu, wine list and hours of operation for all food
- Has a thorough knowledge of the pool layout and the
property in general. Is knowledgeable about Mountain Shadows and
- Exhibits control of all shifts; monitors standards,
cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy
with the goal of total guest
- Assists with training and motivates staff, building
morale and practicing succession planning. Embraces and practices
- Monitors towel and dish pickup procedures, establishing
timely pick-up and the overall cleanliness of the pool deck as a
high priority. Ensures Pool Deck, cabana and Pool Bar areas are
clean and organized, and that all equipment is functioning
properly, reporting any problems to the Director of Engineering
- Assists with fulfilling all functions as required by
accounting; has strong working knowledge
of micros point
of sale system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits, and cashier
- Supervise all food and drink orders to ensure they are
prepared to standard recipes; set-up and delivered on
- Should be familiar with all positions in the Pool and be
able and willing to fill those positions when
- Attends weekly F&B and Staff meetings; checks Banquet
Event Orders to prepare for any scheduled functions, and informs
crew of upcoming
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and
departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic
- Assists with maintaining Pool and Golf Bar inventories
- Coordinates seasonal hours of operation changes.
Communicates these changes to appropriate staff in an efficient and
- Is familiar with Maricopa County Health Code and is
responsible for the compliance of the Pool & Golf Bar and related
employees. Trains staff
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the F&B
Specific job knowledge, skill and
ability: The individual must
possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able
to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential
functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation,
using some other combination of skills and
- Must be in good physical condition; able to lift and
quickly transport heavy trays through wet and crowded
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal
- Able to work outdoors in inclement weather when
necessary. Works well under pressure. Can handle hot plates and
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests;
questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere
of teamwork with fellow employees. Strong attention to detail a
- Must have previous Pool serving/bartending experience. Is
knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and pool service techniques.
Takes pride in their department and property; is detail
- Previous Pool Supervisor experience
- Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and
health including wearing personal protective equipment when
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
the organization’s policies and applicable law.
- Assist with hiring, scheduling, and training all pool
staff to include conducting monthly meetings, and illustrating the
proper techniques and etiquette for services.
- Assist with monitoring staff performance, define
performance requirements and develop action plans for achievement
- Assist with payroll, which regards to reviewing time
edits and gratuities.
- Check staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and
reassign as necessary, in order to provide quality
- Ensure cohesiveness with staff.
- Attend administrative
Keywords: Benchmark Mountain Shadows, Scottsdale , Pool Supervisor - Mountain Shadows, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!